Client success stories
Policy credit helps people in Dai Loc district have better lives
(VBSP News) Over the past time, thousands of poor households and other policy beneficiaries in Dai Loc district (Quang Nam province) have been able to access preferential capital from VBSP to develop production and increase income.
VBSP in Dai Loc district disburse loans at commune transaction points
Determinedly borrow capital for economic development
Director of VBSP Dai Loc District Le Tan Hung said that over the years, policy credit has made a positive contribution to implementation of the goal of rapid and sustainable poverty reduction, ensuring social security in the locality. Many households in the area have determinedly invested in livestock and farming to become better off.
Visiting the 3B cow breeding model of Mr. Bui Tien Vu in Ngoc Kinh Dong village, Dai Hong commune, Dai Loc district, Mr. Vu said that he used to work as a Deputy secretary of the Commune Youth Union and realized the high economic potential of growing grass to raise 3B super meat cows in his home commune. In early 2020, he decided to borrow VND 80 million from the VBSP Dai Loc district, plus his savings, he invested nearly VND 200 million to build a farm, growing grass, raising 20 cows.
A 3B cow on average takes 14 months from birth to be sold out. Cows which are not convenient for reproduction take 6 months to be sold. Normally, each 3B cow has a higher selling price than a normal cow by about VND 10 million. 3B bulls are currently priced at about VND 20 million each. A 5 month old breeding cows can be sold at VND 25 million VND whereas adult 3B cows (more than 1 year old) is around VND 48 million VND.
Currently, Vu raises about 20 3B cows, in order to have source of food for the cows, he grows 10 sao (5,000m2) of elephant grass and purple grass as a green food source for cows. In addition, he also added corn stalks, corn bran, rice bran etc, to ensure sufficient nutrients for the cows to thrive.
“In order to have the property like today, I thank the State for lending me money. As a young man at the beginning of my career, if I didn't have preferential credit, I don't know what to do. Although I just started a business, my family's economy has stabilized so far, I have just sold the first 9 bulls, got VND 432 million of which my profit is 240 million VND…”, Vu happily shared.
Funding for poor and near-poor households
According to the Director of the VBSP Dai Loc district, over the years, the unit has focused on lending under programs such as lending to poor households, near-poor households, households just getting out of poverty, job creation, disadvantaged students and households doing business in disadvantaged areas, rural safe water and sanitation. From the preferential capital of VBSP, thousands of households have invested in animal husbandry, farming and managed to rise out of poverty sustainably.
Thanks to lending to the right subjects and customers doing business effectively, the rate of overdue debt so far in VBSP Dai Loc is only VND 103 million, accounting for 0.027% of the total loan outstanding.
In the coming time, VBSP Dai Loc will closely follow socio-economic development goals and orientations of Dai Loc district to channel preferential loans for economic development; continue to focus lending capital on priority programs for poor households, near-poor households, etc. for economic development, job creation, life improvement, and together with localities to well implement the national target of sustainable poverty reduction and new rural development.
Doan Hong - Tran Hau
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Using policy credit to escape poverty
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increasing income from planting Marigold
- Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- The devotion in work of a leader
- VBSP Phuoc Son district effectively promotes trusted capital from the local budget
- Escape from poverty by the policy credit capital
- Startup a business with mushroom cultivation
- A devoted leader of Savings and Credit group
- Startup with gobies scorched rice
- Muong Cha empowers youth for economic development
- Policy capital helps veterans get rich
- The dedicated leader of Savings and Credit Group
- VBSP supports people to escape from poverty
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- VBSP DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Promoting the effectiveness of social policy credit programs
- The effectiveness of VBSP’s loans in helping the poor escape from poverty
- Effectively promote policy capital
- Supporting young people for starting a business
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- Sustainable poverty reduction from policy credit
- Newsletter Vol 3.2023
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE