VBSP system includes:
- Head Office located in Hanoi;
- Transaction Centre subordinated to the Head Office, Training center, provincial and municipal branches;
- District- level transaction offices (with their own seals and managed by Director)
Administration and management: VBSP’s administration is the Board of Directors (BOD), the BOD has a number of Representative Units at provincial and district levels (headed by Chairpersons or Vice-chairpersons of equivalent-level People’s Committees). Managing VBSP is a General Director and his/her subordinates.
Financial regime: Its fiscal year begins on January, 1st and ends on December, 31st of the calendar year. VBSP is a concentrated accounting unit in the whole system with financial autonomy; self-responsible for its own operation legally; implementing capital maintenance and development; covering costs and credit risk.
Risk management: VBSP shall provision credit risk as part of operational costs to cover all the risks arising from the individual and local cases beyond control according to regulations of the Government (at present, provision rate is equal to 0.02% of the average annual loan outstanding). In case the provisioning is not sufficient to cover risks of the year, VBSP submit to the Governmental for additional compensation.
A nation-wide network from Head Office to communes has been constituted:
- A Head Office;
- A Transaction center;
- One IT center;
- One Training center;
- Seven Training Facilities;
- 63 provincial and municipal branches;
- 631 transaction offices at districts;
- 10,974 fix-dated transaction points at communes/wards;
- 181,151 savings and credit groups at village/hamlet.
- 6.7 million active borrowers (small households)
Administration: Includes BOD at central level and BOD Representative Units at provincial, municipal and district level (Headed by Chairperson or Vice- chairperson of People Committee at the same level), of which:
- The Board of Directors (at central level);
- 63 BOD Representative Units at provincial/ municipal level;
- Over 600 BOD Representative Units at district level
Management: The number of VBSP staff is over 9,000 as of December 31th 2017.
- Newsletter Vol 26
- Some results achieved: Best practice from VBSP
- VBSP General Director worked with Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Cuba in Vietnam
- VBSP attended National financial inclusion strategy to 2025 with a vision to 2030 conference
- Ensuring preferential funding for disadvantaged students
- The address for the poor and policy beneficiaries in Tuyen Quang province
- Financial literacy app for the poor, women, low income, MSMEs and other last-mile populations
- Participation of local authorities in VBSP's activities
- "Midwife" for young people to get rich
- Savings and credit group model: Best practice from VBSP
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE