Client success stories
Increasing income from planting Marigold
(VBSP News) Trinh Thi Soc Sa Ra, a resident in Cau Tre village, Long Thoi commune, Tieu Can district (Tra Vinh), is considered a hard-working and positive woman. Due to her dedication to plant marigolds on special occasions such as Tet, Sa Ra is not only busy at that time but also increases her income.
Trinh Thi Soc Sa Ra is planting Marigold
As one of the most popular flowers, marigold is specially chosen for Tet. Knowing that there is an increasing demand for these flowers, Sa Ra has first planted marigolds for her family and developed a business model for over 3 years.
Sa Ra was raised in a farm family. Hence, she is used to farming activities. However, Sa Ra has been planting marigolds for three years. Besides the full moon and end of the lunar month, Marigolds were planted in Khmer's special occasions such as Chol Chnam Thmay, Sene Bay, Ok-Om-Bok festival.
Using her 1.000 m2 area, Sa Ra plants 6.000 France Marigolds in Tet holiday and other occasions. Sa Ra shared that it took 70 to 80 days to grow a plant.
According to Sa Ra, farmers should put lots of time and effort into planting marigolds to have a bountiful harvest. The soil used for planting should be combined with organic fertilizers such as manure, rice husk or rotted and well-composted straw manure. Marigold should be planted in the nursery for 10 days before being transferred to pots or gardens. In order to grow a full-bloom flower, marigolds should be pruned after 30 days.
She also shared that although it costs little money to invest in marigolds, farmers should take time and take care of marigold every day. Each plant is sold with the price of VND 5.000 to VND 7.000. VND 22.000 - VND 25.000 is the cost of a potted marigold. Planting marigold increases Sa Ra's income to VND 10 million in Tet holiday.
In 2021, the VBSP branch in Tieu Can district supported Sa Ra with a loan of VND 50 million to expand her garden and develop her business.
Sa Ra uses VND 3-5 million from the loan to plant 2.000 marigold pots and 5.000 chrysanthemums to sell in Tet 2022. Selling marigold with an average price of VND 25.000, Sa Ra makes VND 10 million profit. She had a stable outcome when selling marigolds to traders and Long Thoi Service Cooperative.
She plans the accurate time to plant a full-bloom marigold. Sa Ra is planting 500 marigolds to sell in the Ok-Om-Bok festival, which is held on the full moon of October. These marigolds have been ordered by traders.
Ms. Thach Thi Chanh Oanh Na, the Vice President of Women's Union in Long Thoi commune considered that growing marigolds made a stable income for Sa Ra.
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Using policy credit to escape poverty
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- Escape poverty due to the preferential loan
- An exemplary leader in implementing the preferential credit
- A supportive leader in Ta Can Ho
- A conscientious leader of Savings and Credit Group
- Accompanying young women's entrepreneurial dreams
- Overcoming the liability of poorness with a significant determination
- A passionate leader of Saving and credit group
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE