Client success stories
Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
(VBSP News) Many rural women in remote, isolated and extremely difficult areas share the same desire to rise up and make their own lives. In particular, many people have started their businesses with VBSP’s preferential loans, gradually overcoming difficulties, confidently taking control of their lives and thriving in poor rural areas.
Thanks to policy credit, many women in Con Dao district (Ba Ria - Vung Tau) have confidently taken control of their lives
Ms. Nguyen Thi My Lien, born in 1976, is a typical example of good economic women among members of Quarter 2, Van Canh town, Van Canh district (Binh Dinh). At the beginning of her career, she faced many difficulties, that's why when she accessed VBSP’s loan, it brought a ray of hope to change her life as well as many other women.
Back to 2015, when Ms. Lien was still a "sustainable" poor household in Van Canh town, she was lent VND 50 million from VBSP’s poor households credit programs to invest in raising pigs. Thanks to diligently learning the experiences of previous farmers and actively learning, especially in disease prevention and control for pigs, Ms. Lien has gradually developed from small-scale farming to a concentrated farm. Currently, Ms. Lien's farm always maintains more than 100 pigs, providing a stable income for the family.
Sharing more about Ms. Lien's situation, the leader of the Savings and Credit Group in Quarter 2, Dang Thi Trong, said: Ms. Lien's family is one of many members of the group who have effectively promoted the loan source to get rich. Ms. Lien always shares experiences, helps and mobilizes relatives and groups members to use loans for the right purposes; contributing to the enrichment of neighborhoods and towns.
In addition, Ms. Nguyen Thi Ngoc Anh's family in Quarter 5, Thac Mo Ward, Phuoc Long Town, Binh Phuoc province is an example. Ms. Anh confided that her family borrowed VND 50 million from the poor households program in 2015 to invest in general husbandry. In 2021, her family has escaped from poor households to become near-poor households and must pay due debts according to regulations.
"However, I am always afraid because after paying off my debt, the capital source for reproduction is not much so it is easy to become poor again", she confided. At that time, introduced by the Women's Union of Quarter 5, her family was once again able to borrow a loan from the near-poor household program with the amount of VND 100 million from VBSP transaction office in Phuoc Long town. Therefore, she continued to reinvest in animal husbandry and raised the herd to dozens of cows.
It can be said that VBSP’s credit programs have brought a bright future for poor households and other policy beneficiaries; helping disadvantaged people, including women, always be confident and integrate quickly into society, contributing to reducing the rate of poor and near-poor households across the country. More importantly, when they live well, they also have time to participate in social activities, contributing to many areas of social life.
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Using policy credit to escape poverty
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increasing income from planting Marigold
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- Escape poverty due to the preferential loan
- An exemplary leader in implementing the preferential credit
- A supportive leader in Ta Can Ho
- A conscientious leader of Savings and Credit Group
- Accompanying young women's entrepreneurial dreams
- Overcoming the liability of poorness with a significant determination
- A passionate leader of Saving and credit group
- Support A Luoi people to overcome difficulties
- VBSP's journey in poverty reduction over the past 20 years
- Performance results of VBSP in 2022
- VBSP DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY TO 2030
- Newsletter Vol 01.2023
- Tea farmers escape from poverty thanks to VBSP’s loans
- 20 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY OF POVERTY REDUCTION - For a prosperous and happy Vietnam
- 20 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY OF POVERTY REDUCTION - Creating inner strength for the development of the country
- Timely bringing capital to the poor
- Winging disadvantaged students' dreams of going to school
- WB highly appreciates the operation model of VBSP
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE