Client success stories
Using policy credit to escape poverty
(VBSP News) Over these years, the movement of women escaping poverty launched by the Women's Union of Nam Dan district (Nghe An) has achieved many promising results. In which, there have been many advanced of adequately business models, which contribute to local socio-economic development. Following is a story of Dang Thi Nu in the Women's Union of Trung Can hamlet, Trung Phuc Cuong commune.
In 2002, Nu was married to Nguyen Huu Huong. Her family is listed as a near-poor household. Faced with hunger and poverty, she pondered on how to overcome difficulties and improve her family's economy. Therefore, she tries to experiment with every profession. Until 2020, with a help of the Women's Union, Nu has approached the policy credit with a loan of VND 100 million from the VBSP branch in Nam Dan district. She invested in building farms combined with fishing lakes, open fishing services, raise pigs, chickens and ducks.
Currently, the total poultry herd of her family is more than 1,500, 4 pairs of breeding cows, 20 pairs of breeding pigs and over 3 hectares of ponds for fish farming. With a strong will to rise, Nu's family has escaped poverty with the economic model bringing a stable income.
The preferential loan of the VBSP branch in Nam Dan district has helped Nu's family build a spacious house and has conditions to raise 3 children to study. Her family life is harmonious and happy, which achieved a typical culture and excellent performance in the locality.
She not only does well in business but also actively participates in the activities of the Women's Union and the Savings and credit group. She always supports the association's funds when organizing cultural and artistic activities and charity events. At meetings, she often shares her experiences with others. Moreover, she mobilizes women to make periodic savings deposits to help them both improve their sense of saving and have capital available to promptly support poor women's members in difficult circumstances.
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increasing income from planting Marigold
- Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- Escape poverty due to the preferential loan
- An exemplary leader in implementing the preferential credit
- A supportive leader in Ta Can Ho
- A conscientious leader of Savings and Credit Group
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE