Client success stories
Escape from poverty by the policy credit capital
(VBSP News) The case of Vo Van Thanh Phuong - a resident in Nghi Thu ward, Cua Lo (Nghe An) - is a typical example of stepping out of comfort zone to escape from poverty and stabilize his life. Besides being fatherless, Thanh was listed as an especially difficult household. Thanks to his fortitude, Thanh has started his unique business and improved his life significantly.
Vo Van Thanh (wearing white shirt) introduces the method of planting trees for unique tree poses
Starting with the loans of VND 30 million
Thanh lives in a family of three members. Her mother was a breadwinner to raise Thanh and his younger brother. Thanh's family suffered from extremely difficult circumstances when his mother had a severe accident. To deal with this situation, he is determined to do his own business with the hope of improving his family's economy, besides helping his mother. He decides to invest in ornamental plants after researching and asking mentors. Thanh borrowed VND 30 million from VBSP to start his business. In 2018, he invested in the business of ornamental plants, planting and caring, shaping, creating unique shapes for tree players.
After doing his own business, Thanh realized that ornamental plants are a potential market. Hence, he experimented with planting some trees such as Japanese bamboo, magnolia, and peony. After that, he decided to expand his business by planting trees on 1.5000m² agricultural land (type 5%). Thanh provides trees for public constructions such as parks, schools, etc. Additionally, he takes care of ornamental plants for tree players.
Thanh shared that he mostly learned by himself, besides learning from experienced people. Although Thanh has failed lots of times, he doesn't give up. Thanks for his spirit, Thanh has become a great mentor for gardeners. He considered that there are some methods that are the key element in tree planting. Several mentees opened their own businesses after learning from Thanh. Unitil now, Thanh has a wide range of plants, such as rosa multiflora, michelia,... Ornamental plants are widely used with different types because planting a tree may show the players' knowledge, as well as their hobby. Hence, Thanh's business is mainly based on his customer's hobby.
Becoming a successful member
Years ago, Thanh dreamed of building an ornamental garden. It wasn't until 2018 that his dream came true. The Vietnam Farmers' Union decided to let Thanh borrow money from the VBSP branch to open his own business. He was trained and learned a lot about planting methods. Nowadays, Thanh invests in watering and lighting systems to improve the quality of plants. Suffering from lots of difficulties, Thanh is able to make VND 250 - 300 million per year, besides creating stable jobs for 4 workers. Thanh is more than happy with his job. He provides plants for both retailers and wholesalers. Thanh shared that the busiest season is Tet holiday.
In 2019, Thanh became a member of the ornamental plant group, established by the local Farmers' Union. He is an active member by sharing his own experiences and knowledge. The Vice President of the Nghi Thu Farmer's Union, Ms. Vo Thi Nhung shared that Thanh is a great example of industriousness and creativity. Thanh has effectively used the loans for the right purposes.
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Using policy credit to escape poverty
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increasing income from planting Marigold
- Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- Startup a business with mushroom cultivation
- A devoted leader of Savings and Credit group
- Startup with gobies scorched rice
- Muong Cha empowers youth for economic development
- Policy capital helps veterans get rich
- The dedicated leader of Savings and Credit Group
- VBSP supports people to escape from poverty
- Life stabilization thanks to policy budget
- Khmer woman prospers thanks to pomelo business
- VBSP’s loans enable Ben Tre's rural households to escape from poverty
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE