VBSP supports people to escape from poverty
(VBSP News) Xin Man is one of the difficult districts of Ha Giang province, to bring Resolution 05 of the Provincial Party Executive Committee on renovating the garden, developing household garden economy, creating livelihoods for people and sustainable poverty reduction for the period 2021 - 2025 into life, capital is the most difficult thing. The district VBSP has supported people with valuable capital according to Resolution 58 of the Provincial People's Council on specific policies to support the development of the local garden economy, so that people can have livelihoods to improve wasteland, develop commodity-oriented agricultural production right on their own land.
Household of customer Leng Minh Chien in Na Rang village, Khuon Lung commune renovates the garden from the loans of VBSP in Xin Man district
In 2021, Xin Man district had 297 households registered to renovate the garden; including 165 poor households, 93 near-poor households. 234 households had demand for loans with the amount of VND 7,020 billion; of which, 20 households in Khuon Lung commune received preferential loans with the amount of VND 600 million. The loans from VBSP are like a new vitality for people to escape from poverty from their fields and gardens. Abandoned fields and gardens for a long time were plowed and raised to urgently plant short-term crops such as pumpkin vegetables, vegetables shrinkage and other perennial crops of economic value.
Chairman of the People's Committee of Khuon Lung commune, Nguyen The He said: To pilot the renovation of the garden, the communal authorities have surveyed and selected 20 households; in which 7 poor households and 13 near poor households to implement the improvement of wasteland and plant crops. The total area of land to improve the garden is 10,749m², with a total loan of VND 600 million from VBSP’s loans. Up to now, with the support of the government and the participation of the people, 18 households with bare land have planted vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants. In addition, 15/20 above households also built and renovated breeding facilities to raise pigs, goats, buffaloes.
Customer Hoang Van Xa's family in Lang Thuong village, a near-poor household, was chosen to renovate the garden in this time to get a loan of VND 30 million from VBSP. He invested in 3 vegetable gardens and 1 fish pond. For his family, this is a really valuable source of capital, helping him invest in production and create products on the family's long abandoned land.
As for customer Sung Thi Mai from Nam Phang village, her family is a poor household. Mobilized by the local authorities, she determined to renovate 3 vacant land plots of her family to grow vegetables shrinkage and other types of vegetables and tubers under the guidance of commune officials. As a farmer, Ms. Mai understands leaving bare land is a waste, but due to lack of capital for production and buying trees, seeds and investing in fertilizers, she cannot improve the bare land. But now, thanks to VBSP’s loans in Xin Man district, she has started plowing back 3 gardens, investing in renovating barns, raising chickens and pigs.
Director of VBSP in Xin Man district, Tran Thanh Vy said: To empower people to escape from poverty sustainably in the district in general and in Khuon Lung commune in particular, the district VBSP has coordinated with the local authorities to appraise criteria to disburse each household according to the plan. Being a poor district of the province, the district has the complicated terrain and natural disasters happen often, causing considerable damage to people. VBSP's loans provide opportunities for local people to develop agricultural production in the direction of goods, and build farms with stable income in the district.
- Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Contribution to the implementation of the National Target Program on new rural construction and sustainable poverty reduction in the 2021-2025 period
- Annual Report 2019
- Over 6.4 million poor households access VBSP’s loans
- Newsletter Vol 04.2021
- Promoting the efficiency of job creation scheme budget
- Khmer woman prospers thanks to pomelo business
- VBSP’s loans enable Ben Tre's rural households to escape from poverty
- VBSP's wish on the International Women's Day
- The Final Diagnostic Report on VBSP
- Review of VBSP by World Bank
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment awarded the Certificate of Merit to VBSP
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE