Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
Deputy Prime Minister Le Minh Khai has just signed Decision No. 17/2023/QD-TTg dated June 5, 2023 of the Prime Minister, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decision No. 31/2007/QD-TTg dated March 5, 2007 on credit for production and business households in disadvantaged areas (Decision No. 17/2023/QĐ-TTg).
Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production
According to Decision No.17, households in disadvantaged areas can borrow a maximum of VND 100 million/person, with an interest rate of 9%/year. Previously, the maximum loan amount was VND 50 million, with an interest rate of 0.9%/month. Previously, Decision No. 31/2007/QĐ-TTg stipulates that the maximum loan amount was VND 30 million with an interest rate of 0.9%/month.
Decision No.17/2023/QĐ-TTg specifically regulates disadvantaged areas. In which, disadvantaged areas are entitled credit policies for production and business households, including communes, wards and townships (communes) specified in the List of commune-level administrative units in disadvantaged areas issued by the Prime Minister for each period; island districts that do not have commune-level administrative units but belong to the List of communes with special difficulties in flatlands, coastal areas and islands promulgated by the Prime Minister for each period; villages do not belong to the communes specified at point a but belong to the list of villages with special difficulties in ethnic minority and mountainous areas promulgated by authorities for each period.
Administrative units established on the basis of division, separation or merger of administrative units on the Lists mentioned in Section 1 are also enjoyed credit policies. According to Decision No. 17, the borrowers are households as prescribed by law (including farm households) carrying out production and business activities in areas not prohibited by law in disadvantaged areas according to regulations and satisfy all conditions as prescribed.
Increase loan size and reduce interest rates
Decision No. 17/2023/QĐ-TTg supplementing loan conditions. According to the new regulations, in addition to the three conditions specified in Article 4 of Decision No. 31/2007/QD-TTg, the borrower must ensure the following two additional conditions:
Borrowers do not belong to poor households, near-poor households and post-poor households according to the Prime Minister's Decision. Borrowers do not have outstanding loans at VBSP for the following programs: Lending program to support job creation, job maintenance and expansion in accordance with the law on job creation program policies, job maintenance and expansion in accordance with the law on policies to support job creation and the National Employment Fund; Loans for investment and development of rare herb planting areas support for the development of areas growing precious medicinal herbs in accordance with the law on preferential credit policies for the implementation of the National Target Program for socio-economic development in ethnic minority areas. and mountainous areas in the period from 2021 to 2030, phase 1: from 2021 to 2025 and amendments, supplements and replacement documents (if any).
Other policy credit programes for households to carry out business and production according to the law (if any).
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Contribution to the implementation of the National Target Program on new rural construction and sustainable poverty reduction in the 2021-2025 period
- New house for people in remote areas
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE