New house for people in remote areas
(VBSP News) New and spacious houses were handed over to people in Tra Bung village, Tra Bong district (Quang Ngai) to welcome the Lunar New Year. In a remote place of the old Tay Tra district, which has now been merged into Tra Bong district, people still feel the sharing of many units and localities on the reunion day of the New Year.
The new house is built next to the old house, this year, Ho Van Dong and his wife welcome Tet holiday more warmly and joyfully
Today, husband and wife Ho Van Som and Ho Thi Tu with their young children in Tra Bung village, Tra Phong commune, Tra Bong district returned to their new home. Tu's mother-in-law came from the other side of the hill early to help the couple prepare tea and water to welcome guests. Solid four-level house built on an old cottage with full living room and kitchen.
With a support of VND 50 million from the district VBSP, the couple borrowed more to build a dream house. As the second poorest household in the village, living day by day with a small cinnamon garden and hired farming, they don’t know when they will have a house to avoid rain and wind in this harsh mountainous area. Returning to the new home, now the couple only takes care of their children and saves money to pay off their debts.
A few kilometers away, passing through the inter-village road, passing through the houses at the end of the hamlet, came to the house of Mr. and Mrs. Ho Van Dong. Tet holiday has come, but the rain is still pouring down the mountain, making the road to the mountainside residential cluster more muddy. The new house of Mr. Dong and his wife built next to the old dilapidated house. With a support of VND 50 million from the VBSP of Tra Bong district, Mr. Dong built a small house with enough places to live for his wife and children. Part of the old house is a kitchen to save living space. He and his wife have a cinnamon garden of more than a hundred roots, and they work as hired workers just enough to get through the day.
Nearly 50 years old, the couple still does not have a small, solid house to avoid the sun and wind. This year, celebrating Tet holiday at a new home, he and his wife doubled the joy. “There is no money to build a house, so I'm very happy to be supported VND 50 million. Today, I received a house to celebrate Tet holiday" said Mr. Ho Van Dong.
Donating houses to households in Tra Bung village, Tra Phong commune, Tra Bong district
Tra Bung village, Tra Phong commune, Tra Bong district has 142/175 poor households. More than 40km from the center of Tra Bong district, the road to Tra Bung village is far away, especially in the rainy and windy season. Far from the center of the district and commune, the people's conditions for accessing services and doing business are difficult. “With the State's attention and support, people have a better chance of getting out of poverty, but it's very difficult to be self-sufficient. When Tet holiday has a new house, not only the family is happy, but the people in the village are also happy," said Tra Bung village head Ho Van Ut.
Tra Phong commune was originally the center of the old Tay Tra district of Quang Ngai province, after merging into Tra Bong district, Tra Phong became the western central commune of Tra Bong district. There is no longer an administrative center, the life and welfare of people in the old district faces many difficulties. The villages and communes of the old district are further away from the new district center, so the conditions for accessing services and trade are more closed.
Supporting the remote areas, especially the merged districts, the local people's lives are still struggling and poor, the functional branches are trying to take care of the social security for the people. In 2022, the branch of VBSP in Quang Ngai province will coordinate with local authorities in mountainous districts to support the construction of 20 new houses of solidarity for poor mountainous people in the province. In which, 4 new houses are for people in Tra Bung village, Tra Phong commune, one of the attractive areas of Tra Bong district. New houses have just been completed in time for the poor families in the village to welcome the Lunar New Year.
Deputy Director of VBSP Quang Ngai province Dang Quang Lam shared: “After the COVID-19 pandemic, the lives of people in the mountainous areas, especially in the merging areas, are more difficult. We coordinate with the authorities of mountainous districts, especially interested in building houses for poor people in the mountainous areas. Relatives have returned to live and celebrate Tet holiday in their new home."
- Credit policies under Decision 22 for ex-prisoners to rebuild lives in Ha Nam
- Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Timely funding for people to rise up and change their lives
- VBSP held an online meeting in early 2023
- VBSP's journey in poverty reduction over the past 20 years
- Performance results of VBSP in 2022
- Tea farmers escape from poverty thanks to VBSP’s loans
- 20 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY OF POVERTY REDUCTION - For a prosperous and happy Vietnam
- 20 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY OF POVERTY REDUCTION - Creating inner strength for the development of the country
- WB highly appreciates the operation model of VBSP
- VBSP's operating model should be learned and replicated by others countries
- Results of 20 years of cooperation between VBSP and Policy Research Institute - Ministry of Finance of Japan
- Policy credit activities are always towards the poor, contributing to ensuring social security
- Effective credit for socio-economic recovery and development in Binh Dinh province
- Poverty reduction in Bach Thong
- New vitality in the midland of Phu Tho
- Policy loans help Nghe An farmers create a tourist village
- In 2024, VBSP Ben Tre Branch sets a target of over 10% for the credit growth
- No one left behind due to capital lack
- People’s happiness is multiplied when supported with Great Solidarity houses
- Policy credit - "Leverage" for poor households in Kien Giang
- The capital entrusted to VBSP has exceeded the year’s plan
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE