Tea farmers escape from poverty thanks to VBSP’s loans
(VBSP News) With the loans from VBSP, thousands of poor households in Thai Nguyen province have had conditions to expand production, develop business, create jobs, step by step to stabilize their lives, thereby, contributing to the realization of poverty reduction goals, building new rural areas and civilized cities in the locality.
VBSP staff in Dai Tu district check the use of loans by borrowers in Tien Hoi commune
Empowering poor households to become well-off
Go to Trang Xa commune, Vo Nhai district, all the local people know Mr. Hoang Van The. With the fattening cow model, Mr. The is typical of good business farmers in the locality. While taking care of the cows, Mr. The excitedly said that before, his family life was very difficult. Thanks to the effective investment capital from VBSP in Vo Nhai district, his family has risen out of poverty. Recently, Mr. The was also lent VND 50 million by the district VBSP from the job creation lending program to expand the scale of fattening cows, so he was very excited.
Also with a loan of VND 100 million borrowed from VBSP's job creation fund, in 2021, Mr. Nguyen Van Lap from Cham 7A hamlet, Minh Duc commune, Pho Yen city, invested in the implementation of a model of growing fruit trees and tea. Thanks to the VBSP’s loan, plus the production knowledge, up to now, the model of growing fruit trees has begun to harvest. As for the tea growing area, each year the family sells 7 quintals of dried bud tea, priced from VND 180,000 to 220,000/kg, earning about VND 40 million/year.
From the effectiveness of the initial capital, in 2022, Mr. Lap will continue to borrow VND 100 million from VBSP in Pho Yen City to expand investment and develop a pig-breeding model with a scale of more than 100 pigs. Currently, each month, Mr. Lap's family sells 2-3 tons of pork, earning a profit of VND 20-30 million.
Deputy Director of VBSP Thai Nguyen branch Le Van Hong emphasized: It can be affirmed that the effective implementation of social policy credit sources in the province has given more motivation to the poor and other policy beneficiaries to boldly change their ways of thinking, doing, and rising out of poverty.
- Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Contribution to the implementation of the National Target Program on new rural construction and sustainable poverty reduction in the 2021-2025 period
- 20 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY OF POVERTY REDUCTION - For a prosperous and happy Vietnam
- 20 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY OF POVERTY REDUCTION - Creating inner strength for the development of the country
- WB highly appreciates the operation model of VBSP
- VBSP's operating model should be learned and replicated by others countries
- Results of 20 years of cooperation between VBSP and Policy Research Institute - Ministry of Finance of Japan
- Annual Report 2021
- Assessment of international organizations on social policy credit activities
- Newsletter Vol 12.2022
- VBSP’s 20-year journey with the poor and other vulnerable groups
- VBSP supports people access to capital and prevent bad credit
- Policy Bank of Lao PDR visited Vietnam Bank for Social Policies
- VBSP works with Nepal's Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Policy credit provides fulcrum to elevate ambitions
- VBSP DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Policy credit supporting ex-prisoners in their new lives
- Policy credit contributes to enhancing social wellbeing
- VBSP Board of Directors held the regular meeting of quarter II, 2023
- VBSP Lang Son lending helping hand to people in need
- Credit access the key to reducing poverty
- VBSP works with organizations from Bangladesh
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE