PALLI KARMA-SAHAYAK FOUNDATION OF BANGLADESH PAYS 4TH STUDY VISIT TO VIETNAM BANK FOR SOICAL POLICES
(VBSP News) Following three successful study tours in 2009, 2010 and 2011, from 1- 8 April 2012, the 11-member delegation of PKSF, leading by Managing Director Dr. QUAZI MESBAHUDDIN AHMED, has conducted a study tour to VBSP at the fourth time. The goal of this study visit is to learn and share experiences in microfinance, credit or non-credit policies and programs for the hardcore poor that contribute to poverty alleviation in Vietnam.
Duong Quyet Thang welcome Director Dr. QUAZI MESBAHUDDIN AHMED
Day 1, 2 the delegation had a field trip to VBSP branch in Quang Ninh province. The participants visited and worked with the transaction office in Hoanh Bo district, met and interviewed with poor household clients in ethnic minority area with a view to understanding on the organizational structure, operational characteristics and learning successful models of poverty alleviation at Quang Ninh branch. Also, they had a chance to visit Ha Long Bay, one of the most famous beauty spots of Vietnam recognized by UNESCO as the world heritage site, where they were so surprised with the splendid landscape and went to visit the cage culture of fish – a method of raising fish in containers enclosed on all sides and bottom by materials – as a thriving economic model in the area. This is also considered as the effective and efficient model for the poor to escape from poverty.
PKSF works with Transaction office of VBSP branch - Quang Ninh
Day 3, the delegation had a meeting with VBSP Management Board and functional directors in the Headquarters. They listened to VBSP experienced experts introducing on the Vietnam microfinance sector and VBSP acting as the top microfinance provider in Vietnam. During the afternoon session, Dr. Pham Thi Suu,Head of Policy Division - Committee of Ethnic Minorities shared information on non-credit policies of the government for the poor of minor ethnic group (the hardcore poor in Vietnam) and MA. Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai, Director of an NGO introduced on activities of Microfinance Working Group in poverty alleviation in Vietnam, openly discussion together in terms of microfinance lessons between two countries.
Day 4, 5, the participants had a working session with the TYM Fund as the first licensed microfinance institution in Vietnam to get more understanding on microfinance role and TYM facilities supporting poor women. Moreover, the delegation spent time working with the Department of Social Affair - Ministry of Labor, Invalids & Social Affairs, attending the presentation on the National Targeted Program of Poverty Alleviation and visiting some key models of poverty reduction inside and outside Hanoi.
Day 6, 7, 8, the delegation had a long and interesting trip to the South. They had a workshop with the VBSP branch of Ho Chi Minh city to get understanding on the organizational structure, operation situation and loan facilities for poor households, relationship with mass organizations and socio-economic introduction on the city. Also, they attended the presentation by representatives of Department of Labor, war invalids and social affairs on implementation of policies for the poor in Ho Chi Minh.
During the study program, the delegation also explored the natural and cultural differences between the North and the South in Vietnam. Time was also spent to experience the culture, history and people of Vietnam, enjoy the fascinating and interesting city tours and shopping.
On the last day in Ho Chi Minh, the closing workshop was held for evaluation and Q&A session, awarding the certificates to all participants before the farewell lunch. The PKSF participants expressed their heartfelt impression not only on the poverty alleviation achievements in Vietnam but also on the culture and people of Vietnam and the fourth study program further develops the fruitful relation and cooperation between two countries.
- VBSP conducted the exposure visit to India on learning digital finance transformation
- A high-ranking delegation of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies visits and works with the Nayoby Bank - Policy Bank of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- VBSP met and worked with the BIRD Senior Officials Delegation
- Asia Foundation Board Members field visit to VBSP at grassroot level
- VBSP contributes positively to the implementation of National targeted programs for sustainable poverty reduction
- Case study: Experiences in managing microfinance from VBSP is extremely valuable
- Algeria National Agency for Management of Microcredit study visit in VBSP
- Thailand Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives dispatch 9 delegations to study visits in VBSP
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives conduct study visits to VBSP
- VBSP welcome study delegation from Palli Karma-Sahayak Fund - Bangladesh in June 2012
- NAYOBY BANK (THE POLICY BANK OF LAOS PDR) VISITS VBSP AND SIGNED THE MOU OF COOPERATION
- VBSP VISIT NAYOBY BANK – THE POLICY BANK OF LAOS PDR
- BANKERS INSTITUTE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF INDIA (BIRD) CONDUCTING A STUDY VISIT IN VBSP
- PALLI KARMA-SAHAYAK FOUNDATION OF BANGLADESH (PKSF) CONDUCTING A STUDY TOUR TO VBSP
- Study visit on Microfinance success in the Southeast Asia
- Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation of Bangladesh conduct study tours to VBSP
- AMF delegations paid field visits to microfinance model of VBSP
- VBSP conducted study visits to Bangladesh, the Philippines and Indonesia
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi entrusts VND 650 billion through VBSP to fight against COVID-19
- Newsletter Vol 18
- Preferential credit helps the poor increase income
- The proposal on supporting 6 target groups affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP actively joins hands to prevent the Covid-19 pandemic
- Disadvantaged employees to access inclusive finance of up to VND 50 million in Da Nang
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- VBSP branches’ donation to help combat Covid-19 pandemic
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE