BANKERS INSTITUTE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF INDIA (BIRD) CONDUCTING A STUDY VISIT IN VBSP
(VBSP News) From 9th-15th January 2011, the Bankers Institute of Rural Development (BIRD) in Luckow, India dispatched a nine-expert delegation to pay a study tour for learning experience of microfinance operation in the Vietnam Bank for Social Policies.
BIRD is a premier institute for providing training, research and consultancy services in the field of agriculture and rural development banking in India. The goal of this study programme is to learn experiences and best practices on microfinance and agricultural development in line with poverty alleviation in Vietnam.
Day 1, the workshop was held and performed by VBSP specialists, introducing the general overview on Vietnam, VBSP and its credit programs acting as the leading provider in the microfinance sector. During the afternoon session, the expert of Microfinance Working Group openly shared her expertise and information on microfinance in Vietnam with the participants.
Welcome meeting between BIRD & VBSP at the Headquarters
Day 2, the delegation had a meeting with the TYM Fund, one of the largest microfinance organizations in the North of Vietnam to get understanding on the TYM's history and operation presented by Manager Ms. Nguyen Ngoc Ha. In the afternoon, they paid a field visit to one credit and savings group of TYM in Soc Son District in the suburb of Hanoi to see the group meeting, transaction and interview with customers at commune level. Thereby, they gained fruitful experiences and lessons on the successful model of microfinance in Vietnam.
Interview with customers of TYM Fund in Soc Son District
Day 3 and 4, the participants had a field trip to Quang Ninh province famed for Ha Long Bay recognized by UNESCO as the world heritage site, where they were so surprised with the natural beauty. The participants visited the fixed date transaction point of VBSP Quang Ninh branch, interviewed with targeted clients at grass-root level with a view to getting more understanding and clearance on VBSP operation. They also visited the cage culture of fish – a method of raising fish in containers enclosed on all sides and bottom by materials – as a thriving economic model in the area. This is also considered as the effective and efficient model for the poor to escape from poverty.
BIRD visit the fishing cage in Ha Long Bay, Quang Ninh province
During the study tour, the delegation also explored the natural and cultural features of Vietnam. They had a chance to spend experience over the culture, history and people of Vietnam, enjoy the fascinating and interesting city tours and shopping.
On the last day in Hanoi, the closing workshop was held for evaluation and Q&A session, awarding the certificates to all participants before the farewell lunch. The programme participants expressed their heartfelt impression not only on the microfinance sector, the poverty alleviation achievements and the agricultural best practices in Vietnam but also on the culture and people of Vietnam, which they expect to share with others and to put into practice of microfinance activities in Indiaright after their departure to India country.
- A high-ranking delegation of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies visits and works with the Nayoby Bank - Policy Bank of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- VBSP met and worked with the BIRD Senior Officials Delegation
- Asia Foundation Board Members field visit to VBSP at grassroot level
- VBSP contributes positively to the implementation of National targeted programs for sustainable poverty reduction
- Case study: Experiences in managing microfinance from VBSP is extremely valuable
- Algeria National Agency for Management of Microcredit study visit in VBSP
- Thailand Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives dispatch 9 delegations to study visits in VBSP
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives conduct study visits to VBSP
- VBSP welcome study delegation from Palli Karma-Sahayak Fund - Bangladesh in June 2012
- PALLI KARMA-SAHAYAK FOUNDATION OF BANGLADESH PAYS 4TH STUDY VISIT TO VIETNAM BANK FOR SOICAL POLICES
- PALLI KARMA-SAHAYAK FOUNDATION OF BANGLADESH (PKSF) CONDUCTING A STUDY TOUR TO VBSP
- Study visit on Microfinance success in the Southeast Asia
- Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation of Bangladesh conduct study tours to VBSP
- AMF delegations paid field visits to microfinance model of VBSP
- VBSP conducted study visits to Bangladesh, the Philippines and Indonesia
- VBSP loans reaching to Ninh Thuan province
- VBSP loans reaching to the coastal region in Vietnam
- Efficiency from inclusive finance in Bac Giang province
- Housing loans for poor households in Ninh Thuan province
- Document No. 3381 on Scoring, assessment on quality of trust lending operations of savings & credit groups
- Document No. 7886 about guidelines on lending for migrant workers
- Over 4.3 million women access inclusive financial services from VBSP – Advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality
- Newsletter Vol 15
- VBSP Ninh Binh ensures loan access under the risk of nCOV virus outbreak
- Effectiveness of inclusive finance in Dak Lak province
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE