PALLI KARMA-SAHAYAK FOUNDATION OF BANGLADESH (PKSF) CONDUCTING A STUDY TOUR TO VBSP
(VBSP News) VBSP and PKSF have both worked as non-profit organization providing soft credit. While VBSP retails microfinance services, PKSF is a wholesale microfinance bank founded in May 1990. Correspondingly VBSP and PKSF desire to exchange experiences of each other model to apply to the current operation as well as the future strategic development.
Following two study tours in 2009, from 03-12 December 2010, the 14-member delegation of PKSF, leaded by the Assistant General Manger of PKSF, Mr. AD.ABDUL MATIN, has conducted a study tour to VBSP. The goal of this study programme is to learn experiences and best practices on microfinance and agricultural development in line with poverty alleviation in Vietnam.
Day 1, the workshop was held and performed by VBSP experts, introducing the microfinance in Vietnam and VBSP operation as the leader in the sector. During the afternoon session, two agricultural professionals openly shared their expertise and information on agriculture sector in Vietnam with the participants.
Day 2, 3 and 4, the delegation had a field trip to Quang Ninh province famed for Ha Long Bay recognized by UNESCO as the world heritage site, where they were so surprised with the natural beauty. The participants also studied the successful models of poverty alleviation at VBSP Quang Ninh branch and visited the cage culture of fish – a method of raising fish in containers enclosed on all sides and bottom by materials – as a thriving economic model in the area. This is also considered as the effective and efficient model for the poor to escape from poverty.
Day 5 and 6, the participants had a meeting with the National Institute of Animal Sciences (NIAS) with the introduction on NIAS and the situation of livestock production in Vietnam, presented by Vice Director General Dr. Vu Chi Cuong. In the afternoon, they paid an exposure visit to the lab and research center of NIAS where studying and developing the modern technologies in animals production. On the next day, they also gained fruitful experiences from their visit to NIAS farms of milking cows, ostriches, goats and rabbits at Ba Vi district, where also provide the farmers with the best breed.
Day 7, 8, 9 and 10, the delegation have a long and interesting trip to the South. They had a trip to Binh Duong province – the famous garden region in Vietnam, where they were so excited with plentiful garden complexes here. The lessons on fruit production were inputted through some models of agriculture extension in the area. Additionally the poverty alleviation performance in Binh Duong was reviewed at the discussions and interaction with the local authorities and VBSP Binh Duong branch.
During the study tour, the delegation also explored the natural and cultural differences between the North and the South in Vietnam. Time was also spent to experience the culture, history and people of Vietnam, enjoy the fascinating and interesting city tours and shopping.
On the last day in Hanoi, the closing workshop was held for evaluation and Q&A session, awarding the certificates to all participants before the farewell lunch. The programme participants expressed their heartfelt impression not only on the poverty alleviation achievements and the agricultural best practices in Vietnam but also on the culture and people of Vietnam, which they expect to share with others and to put into practice of microfinance activities in Bangladesh when they come back home.
- VBSP conducted the exposure visit to India on learning digital finance transformation
- A high-ranking delegation of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies visits and works with the Nayoby Bank - Policy Bank of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- VBSP met and worked with the BIRD Senior Officials Delegation
- Asia Foundation Board Members field visit to VBSP at grassroot level
- VBSP contributes positively to the implementation of National targeted programs for sustainable poverty reduction
- Case study: Experiences in managing microfinance from VBSP is extremely valuable
- Algeria National Agency for Management of Microcredit study visit in VBSP
- Thailand Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives dispatch 9 delegations to study visits in VBSP
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives conduct study visits to VBSP
- VBSP welcome study delegation from Palli Karma-Sahayak Fund - Bangladesh in June 2012
- Study visit on Microfinance success in the Southeast Asia
- Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation of Bangladesh conduct study tours to VBSP
- AMF delegations paid field visits to microfinance model of VBSP
- VBSP conducted study visits to Bangladesh, the Philippines and Indonesia
- Supporting workers affected by Covid 19 pandemic
- Leverage for ethnic minorities in Ninh Thuan province
- VBSP helps the Youth in starting up
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Poverty alleviation from VBSP's inclusive financial services
- Credit for the poor
- Enhance customer protection and procedure simplications to increase financial service accessibility for the poor and other last mile population
- VBSP supports the poor on its development process
- VBSP develops digital financial service based on IT technology modernization
- Products are always designed towards convenience for customers
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE