Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation of Bangladesh conduct study tours to VBSP
(VBSP News) Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation of Bangladesh (PKSF) dispatched two turns of expert delegations to pay study tours for learning experience of lending to the poor in the Vietnam Bank for Social Policies from 25th Feb to 6th Mar 2009 and 15th to 29th June 2009.
Field visit to Quang Ninh Branch of VBSP
PKSF is a wholesale microfinance bank established by the Bangladeshi Government in May 1990. PKSF operates for the non-profit purpose by providing wholesale of soft credit for POs in the community. At present, PKSF has directly extended wholesale lending to 233 POs, as a result, indirectly supported 5.74 million poor households with outstanding loans of over USD 02 billion.
The goal of the study tour is to learn successful experiences about microfinance models, agricultural development and services combining with agricultural technology, marketing and micro insurance in Vietnam.
During the time of studying and exchanging experienced lessons in VBSP, the delegations paid a field visit in VBSP's branches of Quang Ninh, Bac Giang, Can Tho provinces as well as representative office in Ho Chi Minh city to get more understanding on Vietnam's microfinance. They simultaneously visited and listened to presentations of professors and doctors from Hanoi University of Agriculture, Academy of Agricultural Mechanism Sciences, Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Binh Minh MFI.
After the study tour is completed, the Bangladeshi delegations are expected to attain much important knowledge and experienced lessons in terms of applying Vietnam's microfinance to improve production and combine loans with agricultural extension, training skills and marketing of agricultural products, micro insurance and especially lending to poor households through microfinance products and services.
- VBSP conducted the exposure visit to India on learning digital finance transformation
- A high-ranking delegation of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies visits and works with the Nayoby Bank - Policy Bank of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- VBSP met and worked with the BIRD Senior Officials Delegation
- Asia Foundation Board Members field visit to VBSP at grassroot level
- VBSP contributes positively to the implementation of National targeted programs for sustainable poverty reduction
- Case study: Experiences in managing microfinance from VBSP is extremely valuable
- Algeria National Agency for Management of Microcredit study visit in VBSP
- Thailand Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives dispatch 9 delegations to study visits in VBSP
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives conduct study visits to VBSP
- VBSP welcome study delegation from Palli Karma-Sahayak Fund - Bangladesh in June 2012
- AMF delegations paid field visits to microfinance model of VBSP
- VBSP conducted study visits to Bangladesh, the Philippines and Indonesia
- VBSP attended National financial inclusion strategy to 2025 with a vision to 2030 conference
- Ensuring preferential funding for disadvantaged students
- The address for the poor and policy beneficiaries in Tuyen Quang province
- Financial literacy app for the poor, women, low income, MSMEs and other last-mile populations
- Participation of local authorities in VBSP's activities
- "Midwife" for young people to get rich
- Savings and credit group model: Best practice from VBSP
- Providing rural financial services for the poor: Best practice from VBSP
- Accelerating access to financial services for the poor: Best practice from VBSP
- Newsletter Vol 25
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE