Client success stories
Getting out of poverty thanks to preferential capital resource
(VBSP News) VBSP’s preferential capital resource has helped many borrowing households in Can Tho city to overcome difficulties and has made favorable conditions for them to develop production, get out of poverty sustainably.
Mr. Tran Thanh Cao are taking care of his two cows that are invested from concessional borrowing loan
Assisted capital resource
Mr. Tran Thanh Cao and his wife, Ms. Duong Thi Diem Kieu is one of poor farming households in Thanh Loc commune, Vinh Thanh district, Can Tho city. Every day, Mr. Cao works as laborer, porter to earn money; Ms. Kieu stays at home for both caring their children and breeding farm animals to earn more income. In the year 2012, Farmer’s association in Thanh Loc commune guaranteed for Mr.Cao to borrow VND 20 million investing in breeding cows. “Every day in the early morning, I go out to cut grass for cows, each time I cut enough for the amount of 2, 3 days of feeding so that I shall take advantage of free time to work as a porter, earning more money for my family daily living. I have been attended training courses on farming techniques so my cows grow fast. At the end of this year, I will sell two cows and plan to continue investing, expanding husbandry”, Mr. Cao said. Due to diligent hard working, enthusiastic learning and knowing how to calculate expenditures in daily life, Mr. Cao’s family has got out of poverty from a poor household with no stable business. Recently, local authority has supported his family to build a new house, owing to that his stable life and production business has been ensured.
Ms. Doan Thi Ngoc Tuyet – Chairman of the Farmer’s association, Thanh Loc district said that: “Mr.Cao’s family is typical in using loan with right purpose, being an example for many people to learn, and he is also an example in repaying loan for VBSP”.
Small amount of capital, big impact
Experiencing miserable days, now having a spacious house with land and a stable life, that is all about Ms. Truong Thi Hang, living in Thoi Trung hamlet, Xuan Thang commune, Thoi Lai district.
Previously, Ms.Hang’s family lived mainly on 2 acres of farmland, the life is extremely difficult. Especially when the children grow up and go to school. By the year of 2004, she accessed to VBSP’s capital resources, she began to expand raising chickens and ducks. Ms.Hang said: "When having no capital, my whole family only rely on income from 2 acres of farmland, not knowing what to do to increase income. Until being borrowed loan from job creation program, I raise chickens for meat, taking advantage of family’s pond to breed fishes and raise ducks for eggs more". Owing to hard working and using loan properly as well as attending in training courses on husbandry, business of Ms. Hang is more and more effective, chickens and ducks of her family are not sick and sold usually. By the year 2006, her family has got out of poverty, her children are gone to school fully.
Not only investing in husbandry, Ms. Hang also learn to grow corn on the land area of 200 m2 behind her house for growing corn and selling. With this, her family can earn VND 3 million dong after harvesting. Ms. Hang said with glad: “Currently, my family has bought 8 acres of farmland, income from farming, husbandry is more than VND 50 million dong each year. Past year, I also has built a new house with cost of VND 200 million dong, living in new house as a dream with my whole family. I know, that is preferential capital resource helping my family to be as today, I hope that this capital resource will help many people get out of poverty like my family”.
Not only Mr.Cao’s family, Ms. Hang’s family are borrowed loan from VBSP to get out of poverty, in recent years, there have been tens of thousands households in Can Tho city getting out of poverty. According to VBSP’s Can Tho branch report, within period from the year 2012 to 2014, preferential capital resource has helped 7.818 households getting out of poverty, creating jobs for more than 7.000 laborers, making favorable conditions for 9.491 pupils, students to go to school, etc,.
Mr. Huynh Van Thuan – Director of VBSP’s Can Tho branch said “Promoting gained achievements, the branch shall focus all efforts with suitable solutions to help 100% of poor households, near poor households and other policy beneficiaries access loans, decreasing overdue loan to the maximum, not happening misappropriation of loan, improving the quality of savings and credit groups so that capital could be delivered most quickly to the hand of the poor”.
VBSP updated 25th May 2015
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Using policy credit to escape poverty
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increasing income from planting Marigold
- Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- Policy credit helps sustainable poverty reduction in Ba Vi mountainous area
- Preferential loans help escape from poverty
- Poverty reduction in Viet – Laos border
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE