Client success stories
Policy credit helps sustainable poverty reduction in Ba Vi mountainous area
(VBSP News) As a district with 30 communes and one town in Ha Noi capital, Ba Vi has effectively implemented poverty reduction programs. End of 2014, the district has 1,696 households out of poverty, decreasing 1.98% of poor households compared to 2013. the policy credit loan deployed by VBSP Ba Vi district plays such a very important role among the poverty alleviation programs.
People in Ba Trai commune receives loans at the transaction point
Following Ms. Hoang Thi Hanh - young Deputy Director of VBSP Ba Vi district, we have witnessed a transaction session at Ba Trai commune transaction point, Ba Vi district. A bustling and urgent atmosphere, but orderly and extremely serious. On the second floor hall of commune People’s Committee headquarters, clients and staff of the district VBSP implement loan procedures with quick and definitive operation, such asives interest repayment, principal repayment, loan disbursement, signature in Credit and saving books etc.
Vice Chairperson of Ba Trai commune People’s Committee Bach Hong Nam said: With almost 14 thousand people (of which over 40% are Muong ethnic minority), the commune has got still more than 3 thousand of poor households. By the end of March 31, 2015, total outstanding loans of the commune is around VND 20 billion with no overdue debt. There are 6 policy credit programs in Ba Trai, the loan is used for pigs and poultry raising, cultivation such as longan, litchi, papaya, guava, dragon..., especially 160 farms are operating quite effectively in the commune. Vice Chairperson Bach Hong Nam said: mass organizations of the commune implement monitoring and inspection, so loans are used effectively, contributing to sustainable poverty reduction. Loan disbursement and inspection are carried out carefully and systematically; monthly and quarterly supervising. Monthly, transaction schedule is 7th at the commune, savings and credit groups inspect and collect interests at the commune transaction point. “Our statistics indicate, thanks to preferential loans, the commune poverty rate decreases average by 1-3%/year, and in 2015, we strive only about 5% of poor households“, the Vice Chairperson said.
Following Ms. Nguyen Thi Khuyen – leader of the savings and credit group, we come to Mr. Dinh Van truong and Ms. Dinh Thi Thu Phuong’s house in hamlet 8, Ba Trai commune – young family borrowed VND 27 million from VBSP. Householder Dinh Van Truong said, his family used the loan and his savings to buy 2 calves. “We just need to take care of healthy cows, wholesalers will buy products from raising cow”, Mr. Truong said.
Family of Mr. Dinh Van Truong in hamlet 8, Ba Trai commune with
2 cows purchased from preferential loans of VBSP Ba Vi district
Householder Dinh Van Truong added: “We are young couple and near poor in the commune. Mr. Khuyen – leader of the savings and credit group helped us borrow preferential loans from VBSP. Loan procedures are simple, easy and convenient. This VND 27 million loan, we borrowed in 3 years, pay interest monthly with low interest rate. We feel secure”.
Saying goodbye with Mr. Truong’s family, looking at their radiant smile, we share the joy and confidence in a better future with his family.
Coming back VBSP Ba Vi district’s headquarters at noon, field officers were still doing their duty in other communes. Ms. Nguyen Thi Hai Ba – Director of VBSP Ba Vi district quikly exchanged: We implement lending to poor households and other policy beneficiaries entrusting through four mass organizations with 550 savings and credit groups, transactions are carried out at 31/31 communal transaction points. Currently, VBSP Ba Vi district is deploying 11 policy credit programs, monitor and manage nearly 21 thousand of borrowers who are poor households and other policy beneficiaries. Policy credit has actively contributed to the implementation of sustainable poverty reduction goals, job creation, life and income improvement, social security guarantee in the district, new countryside construction.
On the way leaving, we see a group of credit officials returning from transaction point in Ba Trai commune. Ms. Hoang Thi Hanh – Deputy Director said: “This group returns still early, many other groups come back later. Motto of VBSP’s staffs is for the people, according to very specific transaction hours of people. When people come and work, we just finish our work”.
Therefore, with the goal of non-profit activity, implementation of the Government’s credit policy for poor households and other policy beneficiaries, VBSP’s system at district level, including Ba Vi district, are active to meet with this goal.
VBSP updated 25th May 2015
- Typical example of good production and business
- Young people developed a model business of growing cantaloupe in the membrane house
- Helping borrowers effectively use policy capita
- Using policy credit to escape poverty
- Communist Party of Vietnam’s 92nd founding anniversary: a dedicated party member
- Women enjoy business success despite challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Increasing income from planting Marigold
- Policy credit helps women take control of their lives
- Pattern leader of Saving and Credit group
- Start up with preferential loans
- Preferential loans help escape from poverty
- Poverty reduction in Viet – Laos border
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE