The 20th anniversary of founding the Bank for the poor - the predecessor of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (31/8/1995 – 31/8/2015)
01-03-2016, 1:58 pm
During 1990s, Vietnam was among countries with high poverty rate, approximately 59% of the population (based on survey data of the World Bank). Lack of working capital was the main reason for poverty, whereas bank’s credit and State’s credit were all under management of State-owned commercial banks with such procedures and lending method that discouraged the poor to access loans.
VBSP accompanies with Cap La Yeu Thuong (Pairs of Leaves for Caring)
01-03-2016, 1:56 pm
The “Cap la yeu thuong” (Pair of leaves for caring) program is a bridge for philanthropists (called “healthy leaves”) to support disadvantaged people (called “torn leaves”) in all regions over the country, making up pairs of leaves to support each other to overcome difficulties. It is launched nationwide by the coordination among MOLISA, VBSP and VTV24.
Poor households, livestock raising and afforestation households can take preferential loans with interest rate of 1.2% / year
01-03-2016, 1:48 pm
From 02/11/2015, the policy of lending for productive afforestation, livestock raising stipulated at Decree 75/2015/ND-CP dated 09/9/2015 of the Government on mechanisms and policies on forest protection and development in combination with sustainable and fast poverty alleviation and support for ethnic groups during 2015-2020 officially takes effect.
Nearly 148,000 ethnic minority families have access to preferential loans
01-03-2016, 1:45 pm
Between 2011 and 2015, nearly 20 Government preferential credit programs reached ethnic minority communities with total outstanding loan of VND1.141 trillion, helping 147,835 ethnic minority families in remote, extremely disadvantaged, border and island communes have access to production loans for improving their standard of living.
- Over 3.2 million students have access to preferential loans 01-03-2016, 1:43 pm
- Over 2.6 million poor households and policy beneficiaries in Northwest region got loans from VBSP 01-03-2016, 1:41 pm
- Policy credit in disadvantaged regions- recommendations from grassroots level 01-03-2016, 1:38 pm
Policy lending to ethnic minority households - Difficulties and challenges
01-03-2016, 1:36 pm
Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP) reported total outstanding loans of nearly VND 31,648 billion for ethnic minority households, accounting for 22.5% of total outstanding loans, with almost 1.45 million active borrowers. Average loan size of VND 22 million per household, the overdue rate of 0.3%.
- Loan limit for disadvantaged students increased 01-03-2016, 1:34 pm
- Supporting workers affected by Covid 19 pandemic
- Leverage for ethnic minorities in Ninh Thuan province
- VBSP helps the Youth in starting up
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Poverty alleviation from VBSP's inclusive financial services
- Credit for the poor
- Enhance customer protection and procedure simplications to increase financial service accessibility for the poor and other last mile population
- VBSP supports the poor on its development process
- VBSP develops digital financial service based on IT technology modernization
- Products are always designed towards convenience for customers
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE