VBSP's implementation results on green credit programs
(VBSP News) VBSP has been continuing to direct and manage the implementation of social policy credit effectively, contributing to promoting green credit growth, researching and completing credit policy mechanisms associated with environmental and social management, popularizing and raising awareness about green credit granting activities, and raising awareness of efficient use and energy saving.
In the period of 2018-2020, the results of credit granting for each green field are as follows:
- Green Agriculture: Total lending is VND 109,330 billion, outstanding loan is VND 113,947 billion with 3,086,475 active customers.
- Sustainable forestry: Total lending is VND 9,514 billion, outstanding loan is VND 11,446 billion with 258,868 active customers.
- Green industry: Total lending is VND 245 billion, outstanding loan is VND 214 billion with 5,483 active customers.
- Waste treatment and pollution prevention: Total lending is VND 35 billion, outstanding loan is VND 30 billion with 1,273 active customers.
- Sustainable water management in urban and rural areas: Total lending is VND 33,332 billion, outstanding loan is VND 38,279 billion with 2,590,403 active customers.
- Green construction and renewable energy (home biogas): Total lending is VND 381 billion, outstanding loan is VND 332 billion with 7,154 active customers.
In order to increase green credit outstanding, VBSP has increased investment scale for households, developed loan models for farming and livestock, afforestation for a variety of activities, safe agriculture; livestock production in association with waste treatment and environmental pollution settlement.
Increase credit for safe water and sanitation in rural areas in compliance with the direction of the Government in implementing objectives of the National Target Program on Sustainable Poverty Reduction and New Rural development. The outstanding balance of the rural safe water and sanitation program as of December 31, 2020 was VND 39,498 billion with 2.7 million borrowers.Social policy credit has helped people have capital to invest in green agriculture according to the statistical list structure following guiding documents of SBV: Development of livestock and poultry, aquaculture and fishing, afforestation, planting industrial trees, fruit trees, timber trees and green forestry trees...
It is notable that customers can borrow from many policy credit programs to serve their living needs, improve livelihoods, create jobs, increase income and especially ensure environment protection and social safety. For example, poor households borrow money from credit programs for poor households to develop livestock and agricultural production, and at the same time borrow from the program of rural safe water and sanitation to purchase raw materials, pay construction fees and other necessary expenses for new construction, renovation and upgrading of clean water supply works to ensure compliance with national standards on rural safe water and sanitation (latrines or latrines with biogas tanks, stables for raising livestock and poultry; wastewater and waste treatment in rural craft villages) issued by the Ministry of Health, in order to improve health, living conditions, and promote socio economic development in rural areas. This solution has created an ecological system of policy credit to ensure that the loan projects do not negatively affect the environment, society and climate.
- Newsletter Vol 10.2021
- Solutions on VBSP’s social and environmental risk management
- The effectiveness of credit loans to pay wages for work stoppage and production recovery
- Digital technology application and resource mobilization towards the implementation of green banking project
- VBSP' Hung Yen branch: A helping hand to needy people
- Specific risk management system at VBSP
- Internal policies and regulations on environmental, social and climate risk in VBSP
- Methods of social policy credit lending and management
- Poverty mitigation efforts prove highly effective
- Social policy credit for each different objective and beneficiary, serving the national target programs
- VBSP’s operational strategy and sustainable development goals
- Newsletter Vol 09.2021
- VBSP supports Covid-19 affected employers
- The effectiveness of the policy capital in Huong Son district in recent years
- Some 145 billion VND disbursed to pay salaries for production resumption
- Overcoming the liability of poorness with a significant determination
- A passionate leader of Saving and credit group
- The effectiveness of applying technology in policy credit management
- Support A Luoi people to overcome difficulties
- Overcome difficult circumstances to escape poverty sustainably
- Newsletter Vol 10.2021
- Improve the efficiency of policy credit management through smart phone application
- The Pride of Buoc Mu’s ethnic group
- Digital transformation for better serving the poor
- Funding for poor farmers to change their lives
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE