VBSP aims to provide 1.8 billion USD to southwestern region in 2030
(VBSP News) – The Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP) aims to offer 41 trillion VND (1.8 billion USD) of loans to the southwest region in 2030, up 13 trillion VND (571 million USD), or 46 percent, compared to 2016, with average credit growth of 10 percent each year.
VBSP provided 1.22 billion VND to 2.06 million poor residents and policy beneficiaries in southwestern region in 2016
VBSP will strive keep overdue debts below 1 percent of total outstanding balance and unpaid interest to fall at least 15 percent each year.
Vice Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Dao Minh Tu remarked at the conference
VBSP General Director Duong Quyet Thang reported a five-year result of improving inclusive finance for the Southwest region
VBSP General Director Duong Quyet Thang said that the bank will continue following the directions of the Party, Government, the Steering Committee for Southwest Region, ministries and regional localities in designing credit policies for the region.
Vice Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Dao Minh Tu said that the State bank will work with agencies to give a more complete legal framework for the bank’s operation, while continue to seek capital resources for the bank.
The State Bank of Vietnam will also monitor VBSP credit programmes to ensure their quality and effectiveness in reducing poverty and ensuring social welfare in the region.
Last year, VBSP’s total outstanding balance in the south-western region reached more than 27.83 trillion VND (1.22 billion VND), benefiting more than 2.06 million poor residents and policy beneficiaries, 10.91 trillion VND (479 million VND) higher than that of 2011, with an average increase of 10.5 percent in the 2012-2016 period compared to 1.8 percent of the country’s average credit growth.
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- The poor receives VBSP’s support after damage caused by COVID-19
- VBSP supports disadvantaged people and workers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP altogether prevent against Corona virus disease (COVID-19)
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Over 4.3 million women access inclusive financial services from VBSP – Advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality
- A modern and humane Danang city
- A new strategic plan of inclusive finance in 2020
- VBSP participate in the round-table discussion with the Dutch Queen on Financial Inclusion
- Press Release: Taking prominent position in providing microcredit with 77% of market share, VBSP plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion in Vietnam.
- Press Release: Mobile Phone banking – Financial inclusion and economic empowerment for the low income population and women in Vietnam
- Innovative Technology for the poor to access financial inclusion in Vietnam through Mobile Money
- Over 1.4 million turns of the poor access inclusive finance in Hanoi
- Permanent home for the poor in Vietnam
- Improve responsible finance for the poor in Vietnam
- Over 3.3 million turns of students access loans for studying in Vietnam
- New life from small loan
- VBSP: Increase the rate of credit growth to 10%
- HCMC wants poor and near-poor to have access to loans from VBSP
- Vietnamese government supports employees, small businesses and firms amid COVID-19
- Poor households in border region assisted through pandemic
- Pandemic-hit employers to access interest-free loans to pay staff
- Farmers create a considerable fortune from preferential loans
- Escape from poverty thanks to preferential loans
- Helping farmers to recover production after epidemics - VBSP Quang Ngai province
- Newsletter Vol 21
- Guideline on lending for employers to pay job severance wage for their wokers
- Online training conference on lending employers to pay salaries for their employees
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE