Growth must be associated with financial inclusion quality
(VBSP News) That is the direction of Mr. Duong Quyet Thang, General Director of VBSP, Member of the BOD at the Conference hold in July to deploy tasks of last months of year 2017.
CEO Duong Quyet Thang addressed a speech at the conference
Complete 71% of growth plan
During the first 6 months of 2017, VBSP closely followed the resolutions of the Government, the Directive of the Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam and the resolutions of the Board of Directors, cooperated closely with mass organisations to fulfill assigned tasks in all domains of operation. Capital sources have timely responded to the need for disbursement of various policy credit programs, consolidation and improvement of credit quality are focused; inspection, staffing, training, accounting and financial management, communication, office, administrative procedures simplification are well implemented.
As of 30th June 2017, total capital source of VBSP was over VND 173 trillion, increased by VND 13,816 billion compared to the end of 2016. Of which, local entrusted capital reached VND 8.112 trillion, accounting for 4.6 % of total capital; Funding mobilization from economic organizations, individuals and residents is VND 8,335 billion, savings deposits through Savings and Credit group is VND 6,101 billion.
Total outstanding loans reached VND166,426 billion, up 5.8% as compared to the end of 2016; of which, outstanding loans assigned by the Government reached VND 148,960 billion, completed 71% of the plan, with nearly 6.8 million active poor and policy beneficiaries customers. Average outstanding loan per households is 25 million VND.
The quality of policy credit is constantly being strengthened. Overdue debt and frozen debt accounted for only 0.82% of total outstanding loans, of which overdue loans accounted for 0.43%.
Deputy CEO Tran Lan Phuong overviewed VBSP's operation results over 6 past months
In the first six months of 2017, provinces and cities throughout the country were interested in supporting VBSP with offices, facilities, working equipment and transferring local budgets to VBSP for lending. Local budget funds entrusted to VBSP for providing loan at the local increased by VND 1,329 billion compared to the end of 2016.
Deputy CEO Nguyen Van Ly overviewed credit results and risk treatment in past six months
Efforts to ensure both quality and quantity
In order to complete the growth plan assigned by the Prime Minister, General Director of VBSP, Mr. Duong Quyet Thang requested the branches to actively exploit and mobilize resources from the localities to supplement funding for policy beneficiaries in the area; Coordinate with local government and mass organizations in the area to review and get loan demand of poor households, near-poor households and policy beneficiaries to develop the credit plan in 2018, disburse loans in time to meet the demand for loans of beneficiaries according to the plan assigned in 2017.
Delegates attended the conference
In addition, regarding the task of controlling credit quality, Mr. Duong Quyet Thang also requested the units continue to focus on steering consolidation and improvement of credit quality in the whole system. Particularly for branches with low and unstable credit quality, it is necessary to well perform the recovery of due debts, overdue debts and interests.
Following is some photos on rewards for excellent units and individuals in VBSP's system:
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- The poor receives VBSP’s support after damage caused by COVID-19
- VBSP supports disadvantaged people and workers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP altogether prevent against Corona virus disease (COVID-19)
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Over 4.3 million women access inclusive financial services from VBSP – Advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality
- A modern and humane Danang city
- A new strategic plan of inclusive finance in 2020
- Improve financial inclusion for Mekong Delta region
- VBSP aims to provide 1.8 billion USD to southwestern region in 2030
- VBSP participate in the round-table discussion with the Dutch Queen on Financial Inclusion
- Press Release: Taking prominent position in providing microcredit with 77% of market share, VBSP plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion in Vietnam.
- Press Release: Mobile Phone banking – Financial inclusion and economic empowerment for the low income population and women in Vietnam
- Innovative Technology for the poor to access financial inclusion in Vietnam through Mobile Money
- Over 1.4 million turns of the poor access inclusive finance in Hanoi
- Permanent home for the poor in Vietnam
- Improve responsible finance for the poor in Vietnam
- Over 3.3 million turns of students access loans for studying in Vietnam
- HCMC wants poor and near-poor to have access to loans from VBSP
- Vietnamese government supports employees, small businesses and firms amid COVID-19
- Poor households in border region assisted through pandemic
- Pandemic-hit employers to access interest-free loans to pay staff
- Farmers create a considerable fortune from preferential loans
- Escape from poverty thanks to preferential loans
- Helping farmers to recover production after epidemics - VBSP Quang Ngai province
- Newsletter Vol 21
- Guideline on lending for employers to pay job severance wage for their wokers
- Online training conference on lending employers to pay salaries for their employees
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE