VBSP organize Seminar "Role & Oreintation of VBSP towards 2020
With the support and cooperation of the Japan Economic Research Institute (JERI), the Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP) organized the seminar on sharing experiences on microfinance activities in the world with the theme “The role and orientation of VBSP towards 2020” in the VBSP Headquarters on 2nd December 2011.
Attending the seminar included more than 30 representatives from international organizations, sponsors financial institutions operating in the microfinance sector in the Philippines and all senior officers of VBSP.
The seminar on role and orientation of VBSP up to 2020
The seminar’s objectives are to share experiences in involvement in microfinance activities of government financial institutions, the recent development, and new product/service development of microfinance institutions and the draft of VBSP’s operation strategy towards 2020.
The seminar concluded five sessions. Session one kicked off by the opening speech by Mr. Duong Quyet Thang – VBSp’s General Director. The speech affirmed the importance of MF sector in Vietnam as well as the operation and orientation of VBSP up to 2020 through contents of discussion.
Mr. Duong Quyet Thang is delivering the opening speech
Session two is the presentation by Mr. Phan Cu Nhan – Director of International Cooperation Department of VBSP with the topic “VBSP’s nine-year achievements and role and orientation of VBSP up to 2020”.
Mr. Phan Cu Nhan delivering the presentation on VBSP
Session three includes two presentations of two senior officers from LBP and CARD SME bank. Each institution shared their successful experience of government financial institution’s involvement in the Philippines microfinance sector and the recent developments of microfinance in new products/services that support customers in the Philippines.
Mr. Liduvino S. Geron, First Vice President, LBP, Philippines
Ms. Mary Jane A. Perreras, President/CEO CARD SME Bank
Session four is the open discussion with questions and answers related to the experience of microfinance operation among LBP, SME Bank of CARD and VBSP as well as the role and orientation of VBSP in futute. The discussion brought about fruitful results, consultancy and recommendation on microfinance operation, hosted by four representatives from JERI, LBP, CARD SME and VBSP.
Mr. Hirohiko Sekiya, Chief Consultant - JERI
In the last session of the seminar, Mr. Vo Minh Hiep - Deputy General Director of VBSP summarized all topics, results of open discussion as well as suggestions for the support of international donors in the VBSP's roadmap to financial sustainability and social security that is appropriate with the characteristics of the Vietnamese history, society and economy. In addition, Mr. Vo Minh Hiep on behalf of the organizers delivered closing remark for the seminar.
Mr. Vo Minh Hiep, Deputy General Director, VBSP
The seminar was highly appreciated in terms of the content and discussion, which was considered as an open forum for VBSP, sponsors, and microfinance practitioners. The seminar has actively contributed to the sustainable development of VBSP in particular and the Vietnam MF sector in general.
- TWINING CEREMONY BETWEEN VBSP’S NGHE AN PROVINCIAL BRANCH AND NAYOBY’S XIENGKHUANG BRANCH
- VBSP hold the first training course in 2014 for NAYOBY bank of Lao PDR
- VBSP conducts technical cooperation for Nayoby Bank of Laos in 2012
- VBSP organizes Information Technology Training course for NAYOBY Bank of Laos
- VBSP provide financial literacy for Regional Fisheries Livelihoods Program in South Asia and Southeast Asia
- VIETNAM BANK FOR SOCIAL POLICIES CONDUCTS A STUDY TOUR TO JAPAN
- Technical assistance program “Financial management for disadvantaged youth”
- VBSP provide technical assistance for project “Improving livelihoods for poor women through microfinance service
- Policy credit helps people in Dai Loc district have better lives
- The devotion in work of a leader
- Many businesses in Nghe An province have access to information on loans to pay salaries to laborers having their contract suspended
- VBSP Phuoc Son district effectively promotes trusted capital from the local budget
- Nearly 1.3 million poor, near-poor households provided with VBSP’s loans
- Directive No.40-CT/TW: correct, creative, deeply humane
- Policy credit support employees and employers who meet difficulties due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Newsletter Vol 06.2021
- Escape from poverty by the policy credit capital
- Policy credit grew 6.3% over the first half of 2021
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE