Press Release: VBSP support water supply and rural sanitation for community health
Over the past eight years, the credit program on water supply and rural sanitation (WSRSS) has supported millions of households in the whole country to access loans for investing, upgrading and renewing WSRSS constructions in accordance with the national standard on WSRSS.
Household of Ms. Nguyen Thi Tuyet in Binh Ba hamlet, Cam Binh commune when borrowing loans from clean water and rural sanitation
The WSRSS credit program brought about essential effectiveness on the environment and living standard for residents in locality, responding with the campaign on building new rural areas for community health.
In previous years, the household of Nguyen Huy Thinh in hamlet 1, Nghi Hop commune, Nghi Loc district (Nghe An province) regularly used unsafe well water due to environmental pollution such as dirty water resource from rivers, lakes, animal waste and sewage etc.
In the past year, Thinh borrowed 12 million dongs from the WSRSS credit program in VBSP. Adding with his own funds, he built a synchronous and closed construction of WSRSS which includes bathroom, toilet, water purification tank, water tank to ensure enough living water for the whole family. Moreover, he developed an economic VAC model, biogas system to take advantage of animal sewage for produce gorillas.
Not only in Nghe an, right in Quang Binh, the local authority also concerned on the community health, especially in rural and remote areas. For instance, over 63% households accessed WSRSS loans in the mountainous district of Minh Hoa. Since developing the WSRSS construction, residents have used safe water instead of using unsafe water from rivers or ravines in the past.
Currently, the rate of rural households using safe water reaches more than 84%. The number of rural households having standard WSRSS constructions reaches more than 63%. After 8 years of WSRSS implementation, VBSP expanded the model to 63/63 provinces with total loan portfolio of over 20 thousand dongs for over 4 million turns of customers to build 7 million WSRSS constructions.
- Newsletter Vol 10.2021
- Solutions on VBSP’s social and environmental risk management
- The effectiveness of credit loans to pay wages for work stoppage and production recovery
- Digital technology application and resource mobilization towards the implementation of green banking project
- VBSP' Hung Yen branch: A helping hand to needy people
- VBSP's implementation results on green credit programs
- Specific risk management system at VBSP
- Internal policies and regulations on environmental, social and climate risk in VBSP
- Methods of social policy credit lending and management
- Poverty mitigation efforts prove highly effective
- Press Release: More supports needed for higher effectiveness of lending to migrant workers
- Press Release: Social security policies - Role of National Assembly
- Press Release: VBSP contributes for poverty reduction and social security in Vietnam
- Press Release: Increase the loan size – Create more job opportunities for the youth
- Press Release: VBSP's credit - 13 years accompanying with the poor
- Press Release: Expectations from the lending program for social housing under Decree 100 of the Government
- Press Release: In 2016, VBSP continues providing loans for poor ethnic minority households
- Loan limit for disadvantaged students increased
- Press Release: Responsible finance to ethnic minority households - Difficulties and challenges
- Press Release: Inclusive finance in disadvantaged regions- recommendations from the community
- Overcoming the liability of poorness with a significant determination
- A passionate leader of Saving and credit group
- The effectiveness of applying technology in policy credit management
- Support A Luoi people to overcome difficulties
- Overcome difficult circumstances to escape poverty sustainably
- Newsletter Vol 10.2021
- Improve the efficiency of policy credit management through smart phone application
- The Pride of Buoc Mu’s ethnic group
- Digital transformation for better serving the poor
- Funding for poor farmers to change their lives
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE