Press Release: VBSP boost funding mobilization for credit programs serving the poor and other disadvantaged groups
The BOD Chairperson requested VBSP to carry on approaching with the market for funding mobilization in order to implement and roll out credit programs for poor households and other disadvantaged groups and especially the new credit program on social housing for low-income households.
On 14th July 2016, the VBSP’s BOD held the quarterly meeting in VBSP’s headquarters hosted by SBV Governor cum VBSP’s BOD Chairperson. Attending the BOD meeting included BOD members, BOD advisory board and VBSP senior management.
As of 30th June 2016, total funding source reached around VND 157 trillion, up over VND 10 trillion (+7%) against the end-2015; total loan portfolio reached VND 150 trillion, up over VND 7 trillion (+5%) against the end-2015, serving 6.8 million poor households, near poor households and other disadvantaged groups. The credit quality is increasing improved and the non preforming loan rate merely accounted for 0.76% in total loan portfolio.
In the first six month of 2016, VBSP concentrated on risk treatment due to natural disasters in the Northern mountainous areas, highland, Mekong river delta and environment disasters in 4 provinces in the Central coastal regions; informed the transparency on financial statement, human resources, loan eligibility etc., helping prevent, detect and deal with shortcomings timely.
Addressing a conclusion speech at the meeting session, the BOD Chairperson appreciated highly the activeness and creativeness of management and staff in VBSP; the close coordination with local government and mass organizations in delivering loans to poor households and other disadvantaged groups.
He also suggested VBSP should urgently finalized the expertise procedures of social housing credit program, closely collaborate with the steering committee in the North-West, Highland and West South regions to consolidate and evaluate the credit policy to respond with the borrowing demand of poor households in each geographical regions; continue control and supervision, communicating the credit programs to the community.
The VBSP’s loan volume in the first six months of 2016 reached around VND 28 trillion, helping over 1.14 million turns of poor households, near poor households and other disadvantaged groups approach financial inclusion; building over 710,000 safe water supply and sanitation constructions; generating jobs for nearly 73,000 workers, in which nearly 1,000 migrant workers working abroad for definite terms; over 18,000 disadvantaged students borrowed loans for studying; over 2,000 houses to prevent floods for poor households in the central region.
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- The poor receives VBSP’s support after damage caused by COVID-19
- VBSP supports disadvantaged people and workers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP altogether prevent against Corona virus disease (COVID-19)
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Over 4.3 million women access inclusive financial services from VBSP – Advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality
- A modern and humane Danang city
- A new strategic plan of inclusive finance in 2020
- Press Release: Need more funding for job generation
- Press Release: Address the aftermath of unexplained death of fisheries and seafood
- Press Release: VBSP support water supply and rural sanitation for community health
- Press Release: More supports needed for higher effectiveness of lending to migrant workers
- Press Release: Social security policies - Role of National Assembly
- Press Release: VBSP contributes for poverty reduction and social security in Vietnam
- Press Release: Increase the loan size – Create more job opportunities for the youth
- Press Release: VBSP's credit - 13 years accompanying with the poor
- Press Release: Expectations from the lending program for social housing under Decree 100 of the Government
- Press Release: In 2016, VBSP continues providing loans for poor ethnic minority households
- Production and businesses in Hanoi bounce back after quarantine due to Covid-19
- Ma’am People’s Council Representative of the loan borrowers
- Thanks to the SMS service, the group leader is more trustworthy
- Policy credit in Ho Chi Minh city
- The dedicated leader of Savings and Credit Group
- Migrant Workers Scheme
- Job Creation Scheme
- Disadvantaged Students Scheme
- A woman entrepreneur and loan borrower
- VBSP’s General Director met and worked with AFD’s Director
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE