Press Release: Diversified fund mobilization for social housing program
(VBSP News) VBSP can mobilize savings deposits of households and individuals in the country wishing to purchase or lease-purchase social housing for these people to borrow with preferential interest and long- term duration after a certain time of savings.
Preferential lending program for purchase or lease-purchase of social housing; new construction or renovation, repair of residential houses implemented by VBSP following Law on Housing No. 65/2014/ QH13 dated 11/25/2014 of the National Assembly and the Government's Decree No. 100/2015/ND-CP dated 20/10/2015 of the Government. Accordingly, after the lauching of Circular No. 20/2016/TT-BXD dated 30/06/2016 of the Ministry of Construction guiding some contents of Decree No. 100/2015/ND-CP, VBSP issued the guidance No. 2526/NHCS -TDSV dated 27/7/2016 for implementation of the program starting on 15/08/2016. The guidance is written according to the provisions of Decree, Circular, Law of the Government, Parliament, Ministry of Construction, the State Bank and other involved applicable legal provisions.
Regulating borrowers to deposit savings
Pursuant to Point 2, Article 74 of the Housing Law No. 65/2014/QH13 stipulates: "VBSP can mobilize savings deposits of households and individuals in the country wishing to purchase or lease-purchase social housing for these people to borrow with preferential interest and long- term duration after a certain time of savings."
And at Point 5, Article 13, Chapter III of Decree 100 / ND-CP stipulates: "Customers which are households and individuals taking preferential loans from VBSP shall have to make monthly savings deposit at VBSP with minimum duration of 12 months and amount as prescribed by the lender.”
Compliance with legal requirements as above, in the guidance of VBSP, one of the conditions for borrowing from social housing program in VBSP - “borrowers must make monthly savings deposit at VBSP in a minimum of 12 months from the date of signing the Credit agreement with VBSP. Minimum monthly savings must equal to monthly repayment of the loan”- aims to create more fund for the program. This is an entirely consistent policy in the context of lacking funding for the program.
Besides, when borrowing from VBSP, the borrowers do not have to repay principal during the grace period of 12 months from the date of first loan installment disbursement. This is one of the differences when borrowing from social housing programs in VBSP and borrowing from commercial banks.
A look at other savings model of social housing programs abroad
Housing savings bank of Bausparkasse Schwabisch Hall AG (BSH) in German is the leading bank in the world regarding housing savings . Currently, BSH has branches in many countries around the world such as Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and in parts of China ... When drafting the legal provisions of the Law on Housing and Decree 100, ministries and agencies have taken experiences from this bank to adapt to Vietnam context.
BSH bank is not permitted to mobilize fund and conduct credit activities in financial market. The bank can only receive savings deposit and provide housing loans to such depositors. According to this model, funding of BSH is from contribution of customers’ savings through Savings Contract. Customers having demands for housing in the future shall make agreement with BSH on savings amount and shall make monthly saving deposit with fixed interest rate. As having at least 50% value of the house to be purchased, customers can borrow the remaining 50% with low and fixed interest rate as in the siged Savings contract.
For effective implementation of the program
Currently, funding to implement the preferential social housing program through VBSP is the matter of care. For effective implementation of the program, funding cannot depend solely on savings of borrowers but should rely mainly on capital from the Government. It is expected that Government and relevant Ministries shall allocate funding for VBSP to deploy the program, which effectively facilitate the poor, low income people and policy beneficiaries in accessing to social housing, thus, improve their livings.
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- The poor receives VBSP’s support after damage caused by COVID-19
- VBSP supports disadvantaged people and workers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP altogether prevent against Corona virus disease (COVID-19)
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Over 4.3 million women access inclusive financial services from VBSP – Advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality
- A modern and humane Danang city
- A new strategic plan of inclusive finance in 2020
- Press Release: VBSP boost funding mobilization for credit programs serving the poor and other disadvantaged groups
- Press Release: Need more funding for job generation
- Press Release: Address the aftermath of unexplained death of fisheries and seafood
- Press Release: VBSP support water supply and rural sanitation for community health
- Press Release: More supports needed for higher effectiveness of lending to migrant workers
- Press Release: Social security policies - Role of National Assembly
- Press Release: VBSP contributes for poverty reduction and social security in Vietnam
- Press Release: Increase the loan size – Create more job opportunities for the youth
- Press Release: VBSP's credit - 13 years accompanying with the poor
- Press Release: Expectations from the lending program for social housing under Decree 100 of the Government
- Production and businesses in Hanoi bounce back after quarantine due to Covid-19
- Ma’am People’s Council Representative of the loan borrowers
- Thanks to the SMS service, the group leader is more trustworthy
- Policy credit in Ho Chi Minh city
- The dedicated leader of Savings and Credit Group
- Migrant Workers Scheme
- Job Creation Scheme
- Disadvantaged Students Scheme
- A woman entrepreneur and loan borrower
- VBSP’s General Director met and worked with AFD’s Director
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE