General Director Duong Quyet Thang worked with the delegation of SKBBL
(VBSP News) Within the framework of the membership of the Asia-Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA), on June 24, 2022, in Hanoi, General Director of VBSP Duong Quyet Thang had a courtesy meeting to welcome the senior staff of Sana Kisan Bikas Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Ltd. (SKBBL), led by Mr. ARJUN PRASAD POKHAREL – Secretary of Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies.
General Director Duong Quyet Thang met Mr. ARJUN PRASAD POKHAREL - Secretary of Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies
At the meeting, VBSP General Director Duong Quyet Thang sent greetings and best wishes to the senior staff of SKBBL during their visit in Vietnam, including a study trip with VBSP.
As a Government credit institution, operating for non-profit, VBSP is the largest unit providing comprehensive finance for poor households and policy beneficiaries in Vietnam. Its operation method is specific, suitable to Vietnam's political system, so far, VBSP has established nearly 200,000 savings and credit groups with nearly 11,000 commune transaction points. With the method of serving customers at home, disbursing and collecting debts in the commune to minimize costs for the customers. Up to now, the total outstanding loans of VBSP have reached nearly VND 267 trillion with over 6.4 million active borrowers. VBSP is highly appreciated by the National Assembly of Vietnam and international organizations, contributing to Vietnam's overall success in poverty reduction over the past time.
General Director Duong Quyet Thang wishes that VBSP and SKBBL will continue to have a stronger relationship in the coming time.
Mr. ARJUN PRASAD POKHAREL - Secretary of Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies of Nepal thanked VBSP for the warm welcome and congratulated VBSP on its achievements over the past time. The study tour at VBSP is an opportunity for the SKBBL delegation to study and exchange experiences. It is a useful basis to help SKBBL staff perform better in their work.
The workshop “Sharing experiences with SKBBL Nepal in financial education and digital financial services for the poor and other disadvantaged groups in Vietnam”
Mr. ARJUN PRASAD POKHAREL said that VBSP's lending to the poor and other disadvantaged groups is very effective. Experience in managing, transferring loans as well as digital finance to the poor is a lesson for microfinance institutions in many countries around the world to learn.
Within the framework of the study tour program, SKBBL's delegation will participate in the workshop on sharing experiences on financial education and digital financial services (SMS notification service, financial education application, policy credit management application, Mobile Banking digital banking application, etc.) for the poor and other disadvantaged groups; field visits to VBSP branches in Hanoi city and Bac Giang province.
Sana Kisan Bikas Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Ltd. (SKBBL) was established on July 6, 2001, getting registered under the then Company Act. It has got a license as a "D" class national level wholesale lending microfinance institution from the Central Bank of Nepal in accordance with the then Bank and Financial Institution Act (BAFIA). SKBBL is of the conviction that poverty can be mitigated by creating and supporting community-based sustainable cooperatives owned and managed by smallholder farmers themselves at the local level. SKBBL accordingly provides wholesale credit and technical support services to Small Farmer Agricultural Cooperatives (SFACLs) in particular and all other community-based cooperatives in general.
- Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Contribution to the implementation of the National Target Program on new rural construction and sustainable poverty reduction in the 2021-2025 period
- Upgrading the version of Intellect Corebanking system
- Newsletter Vol 05.2022
- An Giang province supports people in socio-economic recovery and development
- Non-public preschools and primary schools are entitled to a preferential loan with an interest rate of 3.3%/year to maintain operations
- The preferential credit policies for implementation of the National target program on socio-economic development of ethnic minority and mountainous regions
- Loan for value chain-based production development support for ethnic minority and mountainous regions
- Loan for investment, support for development of precious medicinal plant zones according Decree No. 28/2022/ND-CP of the Government
- Production land and occupation change support loan for ethnic minority and mountainous regions
- Housing support loan for implementation of the National target program on socio-economic development of ethnic minority and mountainous regions
- The residential land support loan for implementation of the National target program on socio-economic development of ethnic minority and mountainous regions
- Policy Bank of Lao PDR visited Vietnam Bank for Social Policies
- VBSP works with Nepal's Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Policy credit provides fulcrum to elevate ambitions
- VBSP DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Policy credit supporting ex-prisoners in their new lives
- Policy credit contributes to enhancing social wellbeing
- VBSP Board of Directors held the regular meeting of quarter II, 2023
- VBSP Lang Son lending helping hand to people in need
- Credit access the key to reducing poverty
- VBSP works with organizations from Bangladesh
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE