Escape from poverty thanks to preferential credit capital
(VBSP News) Customer Dao Quang An was born and raised in Hong Linh hamlet, Hung Thanh commune, Yen Thanh district, Nghe An province. Not only was his family poor, but his parents also were died and his first brother was disabled. However, he boldly surpassed himself to do business with the hope of gradually stabilizing his life and escaping from poverty from VBSP’s preferential capital.
The wood shop of Dao Quang An's family
Due to the difficult situation, his family was considered by the village and the Commune Poverty Reduction Board as a poor household in the commune. He borrowed VND 30 million from VBSP’s poor households credit program.
Thanks to his diligence and natural talent for painting and trained carpentry, he boldly opened a small wood shop at home. From VBSP’s loans, he invested to buy some necessary machinery. By 2014, his family had successfully escaped from poverty.
During the loan process, his family always timely paid interest and principal, well complied with loan regulations, actively participated in group activities. In 2019, his family continued to receive a loan of VND 40 million from VBSP.
He used the loan to invest in more high-tech industrial pattern punching machines. From a small shop, up to now, it has been developed into a large one and created stable jobs for 5-6 workers with an average income of VND 6-9 million/person/month. His family's average income is currently VND 18 million/month.
He confided: “The VBSP’s loans helped our family escape from poverty sustainably, we have made great efforts to overcome all difficulties, use effective capital, get stable job and good income as today. I hope this policy capital will continue to be the driving force that spreads to many disadvantaged people to stabilize their lives.” In 2020, his family was voted as a good production and business family in the period of 2015 - 2020.
- Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Contribution to the implementation of the National Target Program on new rural construction and sustainable poverty reduction in the 2021-2025 period
- Nearly 1.3 million poor, near-poor households provided with VBSP’s loans
- Directive No.40-CT/TW: correct, creative, deeply humane
- General Director Duong Quyet Thang worked with the Cuban Embassy
- Online meeting "Sharing experiences on measures for supporting Covid-19 hit customers”
- Timely transferring policy capital during the Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP provides timely support to prevent Covid-19
- Sustainably escaping from poverty thanks to the newly escaped from poverty household lending program
- VBSP supports to create jobs for people
- VBSP supports people to escape from poverty
- Annual Report 2019
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE