Overview of VBSP's inclusive finance in 2020
(VBSP News) At some points, Vietnam faced many difficulties and challenges, especially Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 and increasingly complicated and unpredictable natural disasters and epidemics, however, thanks to the leadership of the Government; the support of ministries, departments and local authorities, VBSP has well implemented the political plans and tasks, ensuring safe and effective banking operations and positively contributing to the stability of the country's economy, politics & society.
Over the past 18 years, VBSP have always accompanied the poor and other disadvantaged groups in their journey to escape from poverty
Total asset as of December 31, 2020 reached VND 233,426 billion (US$10,149), an increase of VND 21,532 billion compared to 2019; of which, entrusted fund from local governments reached VND 20,315 billion, an increase of VND 4,882 billion compared to 2019. Total outstanding loans reached VND 226,197 billion, an increase of VND 19,391 billion compared to the end of 2019, of which outstanding loans for credit programs according to the credit growth plan approved by the Prime Minister reached VND 194.405 billion, an increase of VND 14,400 billion compared to the end of 2019, completing 100% of the plan assigned by the Prime Minister with more than 6.4 million active customers.
In spite of the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, VBSP still disbursed VND 31.6 billion for 207 enterprises to pay salaries for 8,529 employees. Besides, VBSP also has extended loan and adjusted loan term for 242,700 customers; provided additional loans for 122,900 customers with the amount of VND 3,112 billion and new loans for 1,942,586 customers with the amount of VND 71,585 billion.
By 2020, the inclusive financial scheme of VBSP has helped attract and create jobs for more than 361,000 workers; over 5,200 workers work abroad for definite term; nearly 44,600 disadvantaged students borrow loan to continue studying; over 1.3 million clean water and sanitation facilities for rural households; over 17,000 houses for poor households, nearly 43,500 thousand houses against flood for households in the Central region and the Mekong River Delta and nearly 6,000 social houses for low-income households.
Thanks to outstanding achievements from 2009 to 2019, VBSP was awarded the certificate of "Labor of Hero" in the renovation period by the President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam on November 13, 2020.
- Timely transferring policy capital during the Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP provides timely support to prevent Covid-19
- Sustainably escaping from poverty thanks to the newly escaped from poverty household lending program
- VBSP supports to create jobs for people
- VBSP supports people to escape from poverty
- Annual Report 2019
- Over 6.4 million poor households access VBSP’s loans
- Newsletter Vol 04.2021
- Promoting the efficiency of job creation scheme budget
- Khmer woman prospers thanks to pomelo business
- Orientation for VBSP's Development Strategy in the period 2021 – 2030
- The implementation result of VBSP’s Development Strategy in 2011- 2020
- Conference on reviewing the Development Strategy of VBSP for the 2011-2020 period and receiving the title "Hero of Labor" in the renovation period
- Infographic: 10-year implementation of development strategy of VBSP
- World Bank Remarks at the Conference on reviewing the Development Strategy of VBSP for the 2010-2020 period and receiving the title "Hero of Labor" in the Renovation period
- Development strategy of VBSP for the 2011-2020 period: 10 years and big steps foward
- VBSP: a helping hand to employees in COVID-19 times
- Newsletter Vol 25
- Financial literacy for the poor and other disdadvantaged groups
- Assessment of the World Bank on the role and achievement of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies
- Securely and fluently activities during the pandemic period
- Startup with gobies scorched rice
- Muong Cha empowers youth for economic development
- Escaping poverty along with the methodical breeding model
- Policy capital helps veterans get rich
- Avoiding the situation of re-poor during the COVID-19 pandemic period
- Policy consumer loans timely reached beneficiaries in Kon Tum
- Safety transaction during COVID-19 pandemic
- VBSP in Lam Dong province: Timely disbursement - good epidemic prevention and control
- Increase income with policy credit
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE