Over 3.2 million students have access to preferential loans
Nearly 9 years after the implementation of the credit program for pupils and students based on Decision 157/2007/QD-TTg by the Prime Minister, over 3.2 million pupils and students have been given preferential loans worth over VND25 trillion from the Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP).
According to the VPSP, the policy holds great economic and socio-political significance and has created a very positive consensus within the communities.
It reflects the right guideline of the Party and the policy of the Government towards credit for pupils and students, which meets the aspiration of people and the development of society.
The program also helps to reduce poverty and social welfare requirements by creating greater equality in education and providing the country’s human resource pool with greater opportunities to exploit socio-economic development.
At present, each pupil and student can borrow VND1.1 million per month at an interest of 0,55% per month.
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- The poor receives VBSP’s support after damage caused by COVID-19
- VBSP supports disadvantaged people and workers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- VBSP altogether prevent against Corona virus disease (COVID-19)
- Newsletter Vol 16
- Over 4.3 million women access inclusive financial services from VBSP – Advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality
- A modern and humane Danang city
- A new strategic plan of inclusive finance in 2020
- Over 2.6 million poor households and policy beneficiaries in Northwest region got loans from VBSP
- Policy credit in disadvantaged regions- recommendations from grassroots level
- Policy lending to ethnic minority households - Difficulties and challenges
- Loan limit for disadvantaged students increased
- Deposits through savings and credit group reach 170%
- VBSP Dak Po, Gia Lai prioritizes capital for cooperative members
- Small and medium enterprise scheme
- Social policy credit helps lift 2.1 million households out of poverty
- Vietnam Bank for Social Policies is currently the leading microfinance provider in Vietnam and one of the largest microfinance providers in Asia
- Rural clean water supply and sanitation scheme
- Millions of households escape from poverty thanks to VBSP inclusive finance
- The success of inclusive finance in the past 5 years
- Big step forward in awareness and action
- Promoting the strength of the entire socio-political system to join hands in hunger elimination and poverty
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE