Press Release: Poor households, livestock raising and afforestation households can take preferential loans with interest rate of 1.2% / year
(VBSP News) From 02/11/2015, the policy of lending for productive afforestation, livestock raising stipulated at Decree 75/2015/ND-CP dated 09/9/2015 of the Government on mechanisms and policies on forest protection and development in combination with sustainable and fast poverty alleviation and support for ethnic groups during 2015-2020 officially takes effect.
Ethnic minorities keen on afforestation and greening of barren hills to increase family incomes
Decree 75/2015/ ND-CP dated 09/9/2015 of the Government stated households of ethnic minorities or poor Kinh households living in communes with poor socio-economic conditions (region II and III) in mountainous and ethnic minorities areas under current regulations of the Prime Minister, and implementing one of the activities on forest protection, forest development can borrow from VSPB for afforestation and livestock raising with interest rate of 1.2% / year.
For households getting loans for production forests, non-timber forest products development, basing on afforestation plan- cost estimation, each household can borrow VND 15 million per hectare at the maximum without collateral to the value of the remaining investment. The loan term is calculated from planting to major exploitation regarding the business cycles of each plant species, but not exceeding 20 years.
Households getting loans for livestock raising (buffaloes, cows and other livestock) can take a maximum loan of VND 50 million in 10 years duration.
The decree also stated that specific loan amount and loan duration for each policy shall be upon agreement between VSPB and the households in accordance with provisions of the Decree. After 2020, the loan agreement between VSPB and households for afforestation, livestock raising continue to be implemented until termination of the contract. Currently, the State Bank of Vietnam is asking for comments on the draft Circular guiding implementation of lending for afforestation, livestock raising investment under the provisions of the Decree.
- Newsletter Vol 25
- Financial literacy for the poor and other disdadvantaged groups
- Assessment of the World Bank on the role and achievement of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies
- Vietnam Bank for Social Policies is currently the leading microfinance provider in Vietnam and one of the largest microfinance providers in Asia
- Big step forward in awareness and action
- Pilot program for potential customers before working in the Republic of Korea
- Local resources need to be strengthened to support the poor and other vulnerable groups affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi supports disadvantaged groups to overcome impacts of COVID-19
- The poor receives VBSP’s support after damage caused by COVID-19
- VBSP supports disadvantaged people and workers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- Press Release: VBSP accompanies with Cap La Yeu Thuong (Pairs of Leaves for Caring)
- Press Release: The 20th anniversary of founding the Bank for the poor - the predecessor of Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (31/8/1995 – 31/8/2015)
- Press Release: More than 30,000 households who have just escaped poverty access to preferential loans worth 1.06 trillion VND
- Press Release: Soft loans offered to households having just escaped from poverty
- Press Release: The lending interest rates for near poor households and some policy credit programs has been decreased from June 5th, 2015
- VBSP’s total loans outstanding growth by 10% in 2015
- Loan classification respond with the operation characteristics of VBSP
- Policy credit serves people in “Hero Steel Island”
- Soft loans offered to households having just escaped from poverty
- More than 30,000 households who have just escaped poverty access to preferential loans worth 1.06 trillion VND
- Policy credit helps the lives of ethnic minorities change
- VBSP staff gave flood damage aids in Quang Tri province
- Policy credit: An efficient capital channel
- Preparing the poor for digital transformation
- VBSP offering preferential capital sources to aid students
- Financial literacy app helps the poor access financial services
- VBSP deployed financial literacy application on mobile phone for their customers
- Newsletter Vol 26
- Some results achieved: Best practice from VBSP
- VBSP General Director worked with Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Cuba in Vietnam
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE