Poverty rate drops in Bac Lieu province with help from VBSP’s loans
(VBSP News) The Mekong Delta province of Bac Lieu has reduced the number of poor households to 842, or 1.45 per cent of the province’s total households, by providing VBSP’s loans, vocational skills, and sustainable livelihood models to the poor.
Vegetable farming in Bac Lieu province. The province has provided soft loans to poor households for business or farming purposes to help them escape from poverty
Doan Kieu Trang, whose family in Gia Rai town’s Phong Tan commune was poor, received help to build a new house and was given a VBSP’s loan early this year to breed eel, frogs, chickens and ducks.
Do Minh Thang, chairman of the Gia Rai People’s Committee, said: “Members of poor households who do not have farmland are provided vocational skills to find stable jobs. Members of poor households who have farmland but lack money are provided VBSP’s loans for farming.”
The VBSP Bac Lieu branch provided a total of 2.28 trillion (US$99 million) loans to 110,000 households who are poor or near-poor, or who have had economic difficulty this year.
Pham Van Thieu, chairman of the province People’s Committee, said to reduce poverty sustainably, the province targets reducing its poverty rate by 1 – 1.5 per cent next year.
- Households in disadvantaged areas can borrow up to VND 100 million for business and production.
- VBSP's Trade Union worked with the Korean Finance Union delegation
- Promotion of digital financial services to enable financial inclusion for the disadvantaged population in Vietnam
- Nearly 485,000 households provided with social policy bank loans in Q1
- Newsletter Vol 4.2023
- VBSP SmartBanking launched for the poor and low-income
- The exposure visit of the Nepal delegation of ASDP in Vietnam
- Improve policy credit quality through the model of Savings and Credit groups
- Provide inclusive financial schemes for the poor and disadvantaged groups
- Contribution to the implementation of the National Target Program on new rural construction and sustainable poverty reduction in the 2021-2025 period
- Policies on supporting tourism development in Lao Cai province in the period of 2021-2025
- Annual Report 2020
- Overcoming difficulties to escape from poverty
- VBSP in Dong Nai province supports businesses to pay salaries for their employees
- Supporting pandemic-hit poor households with VBSP’s loans
- Policy credit: the fulcrum to support the poor
- Policy credit drives growth across Vietnam
- Support people to reproduce after the Covid-19 pandemic
- Policy credit aids the fight against COVID-19
- Solutions to stimulate job demand on the spot for the unemployed
- Creating jobs in Kien Giang province
- Creating livelihoods for the poor
- About 2,500 households in Binh Phuoc province tried to escape poverty
- Escaping poverty thanks to policy credit
- Hunger eradication and poverty reduction in Hoa Binh province
- Policy credit accompanied with economic development
- Effective uses of preferential credit in Phu Yen Province
- Part III - Continue to improve the quality of policy credit
- Part II "Life changed" thanks to policy credit
- Effectiveness of policy credit in Bac Kan (Part I – Accompanying with the poor and other policy beneficiaries).
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE