Updated: 2018-10-11 14:51:22
Vietnam Bank for Social Policies: Improving credit quality
Loans from the Bank for Social Policies has helped many people in Ninh Hoa Township to have jobs, raise income and stabilize life. The highlight of social policy credit in the township is the good quality of credit with low rate of overdue debts.
Nguyen Thi Xuan, 54, a poor widow raising two children in Lac An Hamlet, Ninh Tho Commune, was lent VND33 million by the transaction office of the Bank for Social Policies in Ninh Hoa Township. Up to now, her daughter has graduated and her burden has been lessened. She also has been lent VND30 million to buy two breeding cows and make their cage under the credit policy program for near poor households. Up to now, her family is raising 4 cows.
Till August 31, 32,937 households in Ninh Hoa have given policy loans with total credit balance of nearly VND487 billion, creating jobs for 1,138 laborers. 18,847 clean water and hygien works were built. 8,428 households were given loans…The Bank for Social Policy in Ninh Hoa has mobilized VND21.5 billion in deposit, increased by VND8.3 billion over that in the beginning of the year…
The highlight of social policy credit in the township is the good quality of credit with low rate of overdue debts. Specifically, the overdue debts total VND1.35 billion, making up 0.28% of total credit balance, far lower than 0.41% of the overdue debt rate of the whole province.
According to Nguyen Vinh Thanh, Vice-chairman of Ninh Hoa Township People’s Committee, during the past year, the capital from the Bank for Social Policies has partly improved living for many local people, contributing poverty reduction in the township. The board of directors of the township Bank for Social Policies has intensified supervising and collecting overdue debts to raise quality of credit. Besides, an amount of capital from the State budget has been transferred to the bank to lend local people.
- Mekong Delta province provides housing support for poor households via VBSP
- VBSP improve economic empowerment for women
- Prime Minister lauds VBSP's contributions to sustainable poverty reduction
- Prime Minister visit VBSP in early New Year 2019
- Vietnam continues offering soft loans to low-income homebuyers
- New interest rate for social housing loans down to 3 percent
- VBSP push up financial inclusion development in Vietnam
- 6.7 million poor and other vulnerable households access inclusive finance in 2018
- Low-income households access social housing in Vietnam
- Some successful customer stories from Tu Mo Rong district Kon Tum province
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE