Disability – Inclusive Finance in VBSP: Small Finance for Businesses Employing, Serving or Owned by Persons with Disabilities
"Disability-inclusive finance: small finance for businesses employing, serving or owned by persons with disabilities” funded by the Nippon Foundation of Japan with the grant of USD 600,000 is piloted in Da Nang city, then expanded to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
The overall goal of this grant project is to promote micro and small enterprises which employing, serving or owned by PWDs so that the PWDs can have steady jobs or they can start and expand their own micro or small businesses to generate sustainable incomes and have economic independence and sustainable livelihood.
In 2013, the project activities were successfully conducted in Da Nang city. As of 31 December 2013, the project has disbursed 2,220 million dongs to 37 borrowers, who are the individuals and enterprises employing, serving or owned by persons with disabilities.
In addition, the Project Management Unit has designed and compiled the handbook of the project for the borrowers and the credit manual of lending procedures and project implementation for systematic performance.
In 2014, VBSP signed an agreement with Nippon Foundation to receive the total grant of USD 199,500 and expand the project in Hanoi capital. As of 31 December 2014, VBSP has provided loans to 40 enterprises and businesses owned by people with disabilities with total amount of 4,145 million dongs; deliver 1,000 Client Manuals to potential clients and 200 Credit Manuals to VBSP staff at Da Nang and Ha Noi branch.
- Feasiblity Study: Application of new technology for mobile phone based products and services for VBSP
- Community Hygiene Output-Based Aid funded by the East Meets West Foundation
- VBSP: Coastal wet land development
- Project on providing microfinance services of VBSP for HIV-infected and affected people and former drug users
- The Forest Sector Development Project
- Capacity building project for Vietnam Bank for Social Policies
- USAID-STAR-KENAN ASIA technical assistance project
- The Project of Building VBSP’s capacity beyond WTO integration
- The Technical Assistance Project of PRI & NLFC
- Strengthening Savings Services to the poor financed by Ford Foundation
- The Forestation and Sustainable Forestry Project (KfW6 project)
- Participatory Resources Management Project in Tuyen Quang province (PRMP)
- Project of fund for the rural poor (OPEC project)
- Solution to mitigate black credit
- Measures to boost policy credit efficiencies
- Online conference on training and scientific research in VBSP
- Preferential credit awakens youth's aspiration of start-up
- Helping poor households improve livelihood
- DFAT visited the transaction point of VBSP in Ninh Binh province for evaluating the SMS notification service for the poor and other vulnerable households
- Effectiveness of VBSP's loan in Binh Thuy district, Can Tho city
- Vietnam Bank for Social Policies - a unique credit mechanism for the poor and rural development in Vietnam
- Policy Bank of Lao PDR visits Vietnam Bank for Social Policies
- Hungary Embassy to Vietnam paid a courtesy visit to VBSP Headquarters
LENDING INTEREST RATE
DEPOSIT INTEREST RATE